hello everyone......

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
karl sullivan

hello everyone......

Post by karl sullivan »

i just thought i should join up to the forum, ive been crunching only rosetta for uk boinc team for a while now.....not that long but at least say 3 months and was thinking of maybe branching into another project, ..this all started in 98 when i joined the original seti @ home....i got to around 1000 work units and then boinc happened LOL

to begin with i really wasn't keen on boinc, but i think that was just because i got really comfortable with the way i had seti set up, and the addons and stuff...it was great, but then i thought well...ok, i will have to like this new way of doing it so i went to boinc...but i changed to rosetta because it was one i could see a solid reason for contributing to. im not saying that searching for et and his signals is a waste...but the protein structure working out has a definate 100% sense of acheivement in it for me!

anyhow im here to stay, i don't use forums regularly but i will visit here every now and then! keep the good work up all ! :P
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: hello everyone......

Post by UBT - Timbo »

karl sullivan wrote:i just thought i should join up to the forum, ive been crunching only rosetta for uk boinc team for a while now.....not that long but at least say 3 months and was thinking of maybe branching into another project, ..this all started in 98 when i joined the original seti @ home....i got to around 1000 work units and then boinc happened LOL

to begin with i really wasn't keen on boinc, but i think that was just because i got really comfortable with the way i had seti set up, and the addons and stuff...it was great, but then i thought well...ok, i will have to like this new way of doing it so i went to boinc...but i changed to rosetta because it was one i could see a solid reason for contributing to. im not saying that searching for et and his signals is a waste...but the protein structure working out has a definate 100% sense of acheivement in it for me!

anyhow im here to stay, i don't use forums regularly but i will visit here every now and then! keep the good work up all ! :P

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice to hear from you.

Your "story" is very similar to most of us here - a lot of people started off with SETI and then as that evolved into BOINC and subsequently new projects have come along, most people have then found a project that suits their own preferences and beliefs.

And that's the best thing about BOINC - being non-propriatary, allows lots of different projects to benefit from the same simple "system" and hence attracting a lot more people into helping their project.

Keep on crunching !!

regards,

Tim

PS Don't forget to join us on SETI and Predictor as well - even if you're not crunching on these right now!)
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi and welcome! You went through exactly the same routine as me except I did Einstein for months first before finding this nice new home!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

welcome to the team :hello2:
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the team, if Rosetta does it for you check out World Community Grid (WCG). :D