Idea for an "S Club" Crunch

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Idea for an "S Club" Crunch

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

We've not had a dedicated "Crunch" for a little while, and I'm keen to do something slightly different to try and generate some interest.

And it seems to me, that our current "need" is to climb at least one ranking position on a number of specific projects (namely: SAP, SIMAP, SETI).

This, hopefully, will then have a knock on effect on our other "target" (which is to overtake "Hungary" in the world rankings).

So my suggestion is that we do an "S" Project Crunch - which basically requests that you voluntarily crunch for any of the projects starting with an "S".....hence the S Club Crunch !

And the outcome of this should be that we achieve our target of moving up one place in each case.

So, if you are prepared for this, then the next step is to consider the timescale and the duration of such an idea. Darren has already suggested the forthcoming August Bank Holiday Weekend (i.e. 3 days) - which is fine for SETI & SIMAP - SAP will take at least 4 weeks to complete (and longer for the slower CPU's).

So I leave it to the forum members to consider this and to reply with any comments.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Not going to touch SAP, that one is already been done by a few members already

Edit: PS that means SZTAKI & SETI BETA too
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

I'll happily 'park' Rosetta and Einstein for the long weekend, as SETI and SIMAP are the other 2 I'm running currently. Count me in for the S Club seniors!!  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - PennyQ wrote:Count me in for the S Club seniors!!  :wink:
Less of the seniors I'm young :lol:  :lol:

Going to have to get an OAP section of the forum me thinks :wink:
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I'll stop all other projects for SiMap over the 3 days :wink:
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

I'll join in, if i no work now i might just get all my WUs finished by the weekend :( just got Boinc filled from the last run.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Super suggestion, should surely shove SETI skywards  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Super suggestion, should surely shove SETI skywards  :lol:  :lol:
Simply stupendous, (since stats somewhat sticking, so somehow stats sailing soon....!)

regards

Tim

(OK, so it's the best I could do in about 2 minutes and without consulting a thesaurus or dictionary!!)
Swissnic

Post by Swissnic »

So silly!   :lol:

Squad's standing still slightly short - so select SAP straightaway!    8)   

Sincerely, Swissnic...  :wink:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Swissnic wrote:So silly!   :lol:

Squad's standing still slightly short - so select SAP straightaway!    8)   

Sincerely, Swissnic...  :wink:
Supercalifragelisticexpiallydocious (so says somebody, surely !)

regards,

Tim
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I wish I`d said that. Unfortunately I couldn`t spell it!  :cry: