Ice again

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
Ice

Ice again

Post by Ice »

I hope you don't mind, but since I've recently joined the UK BOINC Team I thought I should introduce myself 'properly'.

I started with BOINC in BBC CPDN climate and hit out into SETI before BBC CPDN was closing. I was only a brief member of Team England in the BBC days, but for whatever reason I decided to help Team England in it's transition to CPDN climate and the big wide world of BOINC. It was always known by the Team England administrators that I would always support them and help them out, but my team choice would be elsewhere.

Recently I tried out a new name for myself, Cymek, but I've now reverted back to Ice since it's the name that people know me by.

Right now I'm a member of UK BOINC Team and very happy to be here. I think the UK should have a presence in the top BOINC teams and UK BOINC Team is that team.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

The team is very happy to welcome you, Ice.
We`re glad you`re happy with the team, and hope you stay with us for ever.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Well like Rick I am pleased you have chosen us as the team to join,
glad to have you aboard Ice :)

Terry
Joshrandom

Re: Ice again

Post by Joshrandom »

Hello again Ice. :)

I think we all appreciate that you are someone who has many connections right across the BOINC community, and so rarely settle down in any one part of that community for too long. Personally, as I've said before, I'd like to think that you're always welcome here, whichever team you're crunching for, but, to echo Rick, I hope that you'll choose to stay with us for a while longer as yet. ;)
Ice wrote:I think the UK should have a presence in the top BOINC teams and UK BOINC Team is that team.

Well we're doing quite well at the moment, but those canny Scots are never too far behind us.  8)

James.
Ben

Post by Ben »

True there Josh! I'm sure given a Whiskey or to they will be right behind us if we let down our guard!  :wink:

Welcome back Ice, glad to have you on the team!  :D