Free anti virus software

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Rick Horn

Free anti virus software

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Any team members who are renewing their anti virus software might be interest in trying "AVG Free". It costs nothing and is fully functional. It has a scheduler, virus vault and automatic downloads. I have been using it for about 2 years, and has never let me down. I don`t know how they do it without going bankrupt, but it`s well worth a try!

Rick
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

They have a paid version, but yeah it is a good anti virus, updates at least 3-4 times a day.  I think i was only let down once, when the update was corrupted causing me to uninstall/reinstall a week later when a new update was done.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Also check and see if your internet provider or bank offer free software
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Theres sometimes a catch with ISP virus checkers, normally the license is only good while you are with that ISP. not sure about banks. i've only seen 'discounted' mcaffe virus checkers with mine.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

My Bank do fully paid for AV & firewall, cable company provide a full Internet security product updated daily for nowt, of course if I moved out of my cable area then I would have to buy a package
binlala

Post by binlala »

Avast anti virus is the shits... and is also free for 14months ;) and then you can just sign up again :D
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

If anyone is interested my Step Dad is a authorised re-seller of AVG if anyone is wanting a paid version of it go here he's also a MS partner as well.

Simon