Bloody Browser

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Bloody Browser

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Well I installed Firefox just to have a look around and didn't like it so uninstalled it, rebooted my computer.

Only problem is now if I want a internet page to come up I have to click on the IE quick-link, rather than any of my shortcuts on the keyboard or if I get email through yahoo it won't bring up a IE page, how do I get it to work properly again.

IE is set up as default browser
UBT - Halifax-lad

Fixed it all on my own had to goto

Set Program Access & Defaults and change by browser to IE, it didn't change back after the uninstall of Firefox
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I didn't know people still used IE :o

I couldn't survive without tab browsing after having it for so long
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Uninstall Firefox? Blasphemy! The power of Mozilla compels you!
Darren

Post by Darren »

I have ie7 with tabbed browser and I find it a pain in the butt.
I click the X and away go about 7 browser windows. When I only meant to close 1.

I'm sure it will just be a matter of changing my normal habit but at the minute It's a pain
UBT - Halifax-lad

I had IE7 for a while but got rid of it after a couple of weeks there were to many bugs in it, will wait until it is officially released
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

You should try firefox for a bit longer, when I first got it I didn't like it, but now it seems when I used IE 6, it feels like using windows 95. I really recommmend giving it a little trial! Plus try some add ons such as 'FasterFox'.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just had a look at the Fasterfox add-on. Seems like webmasters don't like it 'cos it generates too much trafik!

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... e=comments

Too early in the morning to work out how to make the URL a comment!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Google accelerator does the same job though again some pages can't be viewed. But I think its less of a whack to the server if used but can be easily disabled

oh and it works on firefox and IE
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Simon wrote:Google accelerator does the same job though again some pages can't be viewed. But I think its less of a whack to the server if used but can be easily disabled
I would never use that it sends all kinds of Data about you back to Googles servers, I once had a look at it before going to install and I turned away from it because of that reason
UBT - Halifax-lad

Ok so I'm giving it another try, how do I get the browser to play a sound when I click on a link, it doesn't feel right not making a noise when it goes to a new web page.

the noise is like a little click sound
UBT - BHCJackie

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Ok so I'm giving it another try, how do I get the browser to play a sound when I click on a link, it doesn't feel right not making a noise when it goes to a new web page.
Control panel, Sounds & Audio Devices, Sounds, find the application and add the sound isn't it?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Where do I find the control panel in Firefox?
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Where do I find the control panel in Firefox?
No in XP. Start, Settings, Control Panel. At least that's where I did my sound effects for IE.
UBT - Halifax-lad

I only have options for IE in there and not anything for FireFox
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I only have options for IE in there and not anything for FireFox
Dunno then hun, sorry. I'm sure one of the Firefox experts will be able to tell you.

Dumb question - have you looked in Help?
UBT - Halifax-lad

I can't use the help facility it keeps throwing up errors, as I'm looking for the answer to another problem but have had to ask that on there forums as help won't work
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - Halifax-lad

Thats the one thank you :)

Wish the search bit would work for me :lol: :lol: Will have to try it again soon may just have been a temp error
UBT - BHCJackie

Perhaps the search doodah only works when you view it in IE :sign5:
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - BHCJackie wrote:Perhaps the search doodah only works when you view it in IE :sign5:
Just managed to use the search bit, have found everything I need
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Just managed to use the search bit, have found everything I need
Yay :!:
:wav: