Boinc Manager

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Rockinfroggi

Boinc Manager

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Since yesterday 2 of my systems, both running Boinc Manager 6.4.5 have been starting projects on their own. Yoyo, ABC and a few others have been suspended and set to no new work yet last night I found the settings had changed so changed them back and this morning I find they have changed again?

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Gary.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

I'm running 6.4.5 here, and all appears normal.....dunno what's happening at your place?
UBT - Rick Horn

Re: Boinc Manager

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Rockinfroggi wrote:
Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Gary.
I have also been having problems with 6.4.5 recently, in my case, it kept detaching itself from the internet for no apparent reason.

I`ve now started using 6.4.7, and so far, all is well.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

I had a similar problem with 6.4.5 - restarting projects that I'd suspended. I read on a message board - might have been Boinc, Seti or Milkyway - that this was an issue with 6.4.5. I upgraded the machine that was having this issue to 6.6.9 and haven't had any further problems.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

OK, thanks for that both of you, I'll upgrade all systems tomorrow.

Gary.