Prime Time Challenge (Reloaded)

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Prime Time Challenge (Reloaded)

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Welcome to the Prime Time Challenge (Reloaded)

Same song, second verse...let's hope with a different outcome.
I know I asked you all the other week to join in this challenge, so I would like you all to give it another go.....please.

PrimeGrid’s Challenge series continues with the "Prime Time Challenge (Reloaded)". The server survived its initiation but the Challenge did not. Unfortunately, there were other database related issues.

A 48 hour Challenge is being offered on PrimeGrid’s Proth Prime Search LLR application.

To participate in the Challenge, please select only the Proth Prime Search (LLR) project in your PrimeGrid preferences section. The challenge will begin 28 November 2008 18:00 UTC and end 30 November 2008 18:00 UTC. Application builds are available for Linux 32 bit and Windows 32 bit. These applications will be sent to 64 bit clients. As with all LLR application projects, there is no advantage of 64 bit over 32 bit.

b.:D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I suppose I'll give it another chance! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Don't know what the problem was - worked okay for me last time!  :wink:

I'm in. May as well get some good credits in before the WCG race.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

May as well try it again :roll:
Seemed ok last time to me... :?
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

thanks guys  :)
from PG message board:-
-------------------
We would like to pre-stress the server on 27 Nov 2008 at 17:00 UTC. We will be monitoring to see if the previous Challenge related issues present themselves again.

If you are interested in helping out, please select Proth Prime Search (LLR) in your PrimeGrid preferences and hit the server at the prescribed time. We are hoping for a good mixture of small and large cache hits (EDIT: a few minutes to a few hours).

Thank you for your help!
-----------------------------

b. :D
lordnikon

prime grid challenge series

Post by lordnikon »

yo....

any UBT guys planning on playing in the next challenge (march)?

If so hit me on here or in PG check out my set up...

any clue and pointers appreciated.

dan