6.4.5 don't DO IT !!!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Timby

6.4.5 don't DO IT !!!

Post by Timby »

Hi peeps, if you are doing the PS3Grid project may I suggest you stay away from this version. It has a bug which projects the length of the WU in to thousands of hrs to complete. Therefore it only allows one WU at a time and wants to run in "High priority" mode all of the time!!!
I am going to roll back this latest "Recommended version"  !!
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

you could try a manually fix this by adjusting the <duration_correction_factor> to 1.000000 (or less if this still gives strange WU Est Times) for this project in your client_state.xml file.
I expect you would have to reapply this fix after each work unit is sent to the server as this is when the <duration_correction_factor> is applied I think.

Could be wrong, it has been known....

I used this technique to get my Seti Astropulse times back to 24 hours instead of the estimated 360h after starting running CUDA WU's
Timby

Post by Timby »

Bambi wrote:you could try a manually fix this by adjusting the <duration_correction_factor> to 1.000000 (or less if this still gives strange WU Est Times) for this project in your client_state.xml file.
I expect you would have to reapply this fix after each work unit is sent to the server as this is when the <duration_correction_factor> is applied I think.

Could be wrong, it has been known....

I used this technique to get my Seti Astropulse times back to 24 hours instead of the estimated 360h after starting running CUDA WU's
Hi Bambi, yes you could do that alternatively you could use version 6.5.0 which runs perfectly on Vista X64 found HERE
Gary

Post by Gary »

I just installed this version and ALL the project files in the main Boinc folder have gone ! so I can't install the latest optimised apps for seti, is this normal ?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Gary wrote:I just installed this version and ALL the project files in the main Boinc folder have gone ! so I can't install the latest optimised apps for seti, is this normal ?
Yes, thats normal for boinc v6 (ish), they've separated out the data & programs

have a look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BOINC assuming your on windows of course :D
Gary

Post by Gary »

Temujin wrote:
Gary wrote:I just installed this version and ALL the project files in the main Boinc folder have gone ! so I can't install the latest optimised apps for seti, is this normal ?
Yes, thats normal for boinc v6 (ish), they've separated out the data & programs

have a look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BOINC assuming your on windows of course :D
Cheers John, found them  :thumbleft: