Quick question

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
BorgVampire

Quick question

Post by BorgVampire »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm just wondering if the points I have gained in the past are automatically added to the UK Boinc Teams score or do any points I make from now on go towards UK Boinc Team. Just a curiosity realy.

Image[/code]
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi - Welcome to the team!

Only your Climate Prediction credits will transfer over. All other credits will stay with any teams you have been with before. Only credits you gained since joining the team will count towards the our team total excluding Climate Prediction (6,236).
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

BorgVampire

Post by BorgVampire »

Hi Mikee, I haven't actually been joined to any other team before. Does that mean UK Boinc Team gets all my credits?
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:o Hi and welcome to the team BV  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

BorgVampire wrote:Hi Mikee, I haven't actually been joined to any other team before. Does that mean UK Boinc Team gets all my credits?
Sadly not - only the credits since you joined.

Image Image

hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Hi BV. Welcome to the team!!   :wave:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Hello and Welcome! :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome aboard!

I thought if you have not joined a team before then all credits go into the UK BOINC Team?
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Ben wrote:
I thought if you have not joined a team before then all credits go into the UK BOINC Team?
As far as I know, you`re right.
It wouldn`t do any harm it try it out.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Ben wrote:Welcome aboard!

I also think that's correct :D

And welcome to the team BorgVampire :wave:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Just had a look at our team stats and noticed that on the 26th December the team as a whole got 1.2 million credits for just 1 day. I thought this was odd since an average day usually gets us about 550-600k credits.

So after seeing that a huge proportion of it was from CPDN i looked on boinc stats to see who had joined and sure enough someone had joined our team with about 700k worth of credits so it seems like this is the case as long as you haven't joined another team before in that project.  :)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

From the Wiki.
What about earning Credit while a member of a Team?

The accumulation of Credit in your own account will never change regardless of membership on a Team. You will always accumulate the appropriate Granted Credit if you are on a team, you will accumulate the same Credit if you are not on a Team.

When you join a Team, you join it with a zero balance. After you have joined a team, the Granted Credit is added to your Total Credit balance and to the Team's Total Credit balance.

When you leave the Team, the Credit you earned while a member of that Team will stay with that Team. You do not take it with you to add to another Team's Total Credit balance.

Climateprediction.net is an exception to this. Due to various complications, all of a user's Credit is allocated to their current Team. So Climateprediction.net Team Credit moves with you.

Image Image

Ben

Post by Ben »

Ahh that might explain it, nice one Mikee
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image     BV and Image      to the team.......

Mark
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Welcome to the best team in the UK.
May your stay be along one.
Need any help ? Then just ask there is
always someone around to give advice.

b. :D
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Hello and welcome to the team.  :wave: