Can i do faster?? seti@home / astropulse

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
xHeroShimax x 800

Can i do faster?? seti@home / astropulse

Post by xHeroShimax x 800 »

I have noticed via this forum everyone else doing way more and quicker, im running the basic... as it comes software, Ive tried that chicking soup thing but have a problem finding the folder to copy all the new files into. i.e. ''BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu folder.'' Im using windows vista im no expert and carnt seem to find the folder.

heres my cpuz info just in case you know a better way or program i just wanna crunch faster...

Intel core duo T5250 MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,EM64T

any ideas will be a help, thanx for your time,

Regards, Hero
Temujin

Re: Can i do faster?? seti@home / astropulse

Post by Temujin »

xHeroShimax x 800 wrote:I have noticed via this forum everyone else doing way more and quicker, im running the basic... as it comes software, Ive tried that chicking soup thing but have a problem finding the folder to copy all the new files into. i.e. ''BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu folder.'' Im using windows vista im no expert and carnt seem to find the folder.

heres my cpuz info just in case you know a better way or program i just wanna crunch faster...

any ideas will be a help, thanx for your time,

Regards, Hero
Yes, using an optimised seti app will definitely improve your RAC
I run winXP on some of my machines and for me the directory is C:\Program filesBOINC/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu
With vista I think they separated out the apps & data into different directories and I've no idea where they would be but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to enlighten you.

From your CPUZ info, you'd want to go with at least the SSE3 opti app or maybe even the SSSE3 version. I think that overall they work out to be about the same, SSE3 is faster for some WU types and SSSE3 faster for others. On my SSSE3 capable quad core I've settled for the SSE3 app.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:lol: If you want more out of you chips you could get rid of vista and get xp64 , vista 64 or even a free linux 64 O/S so that you use the EM64T bit  :shock: