new team member...

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
spikey

new team member...

Post by spikey »

hello i joined up a couple of days ago only had 20,000 ish credits to contribute...and a rac of over 300 normally, but i suppose it all helps....only have 3 machines crunching....not all are on 24/7 but they are on for as long as possible! anyway...i only do rosetta units...i don't have enough power lol to do multi projects!
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

What a nice guy! You are more than welcome! Only 3 machines? Hey - that's more than most people (including me!) which makes you even more welcome! :-D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

welcome

:wav:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

welcome spikey  :wave:
UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

Welcome Spikey - and only 3 computers is only 3 times as many as me and about 300 RAC is about the same as me.  :D

Enjoy being part of the team
UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

Welcome Spikey - and only 3 computers is only 3 times as many as me and about 300 RAC is about the same as me.  :D

Enjoy being part of the team
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

welcome to the Team, Spikey  :hello1:
spikey

why thank you for the welcome!

Post by spikey »

cheers you lot.....i will enjoy being part of the team! rac has now gone up to about 400 lol......one day i tells you it will be in the thousands!!! but i just bought a new machine and im really not happy with it so i will be upgrading it again....i bought a silly sempron skt 754 and its really poor! its odd though the old celeron 2.2 i had.....took 2 hours less per unit than this one.....and it only had a single cache on the processor......these newer 64bit processors......why they are called for instance 3100+ when in fact its only an 1800 .....i think i will shutup now LOL thanks you lot!
UBT - JsF

Re: new team member...

Post by UBT - JsF »

spikey wrote: only have 3 machines crunching....not all are on 24/7 but they are on for as long as possible! anyway...i only do rosetta units...i don't have enough power lol to do multi projects!
Hi Spikey,

Will you be joining us on future weekend crunchathons or are you just sticking wtih Rosetta ?.

I only ask because there quite a few other project with short  run
times.

I run one machine 24/7 a 1ghz pentuim with SZTAKI, HASHCLASH and BOINCSIMAP as back-up.

3 machines with AMD 2700 and windows ME these have up to 10 different project
which all run 24/7.

anyway glad to have you aboard.
:D
Jimmy