Recovery

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
Darren

Recovery

Post by Darren »

Hi,

had a power cut Monday night and lost the client_state file (did not realise and the computer is set to auto start up from such an event).

Problem is I had two cpdn workunits (hyper threading) that were only about 80-90 hours from completion.
Is there any way at all I can re-add these to my workunit list and get them to pick up where they left off?

It seems such a shame to loose them and I was sooo close to finishing my first two units.

I can still see all of the files in the BOINC\projects\climateprediction.net directory.

Darren
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

similar sort of thing for me.
i am running vista beta most of the time atm.
does anyone know if its possible to just grab the climate & bbc climate files and drag them across into the other o/s boinc folder.
i am guessing i would have to edit a file to tell boinc that they are there as it would not know it was attached?
plus the fact that BAM might then cancel the w/u as this is not set to use both climates?
will have to have a think about how to do it without getting a shed load of work off them.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

If you check the message boards on BBC CPDN there is advise on how to backup the CPDN projects in case of a crash and then how to get them back on to BOINC from the backup.

As for any other help I dunno :roll:
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

i think i will just leave xp to crunch predictor and bbc climate until that w/u finishes. (some time in the next ice age).
vista now running
eistein
predictor
sztaki
and malaria.
all seems well so far.
even better i have got starforce working so i can nowe play X3 on there :)
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

seems to be sorted now :)
2400 credit from cpdn.
sweeeeet!