Maximum disk usage exceeded

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Maximum disk usage exceeded

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Oh dear - SETI Enhanced (and Sztaki) are throwing up

"20/06/2006 07:00:07|SETI@home|Unrecoverable error for result 05ap99ab.20895.30657.223594.3.80_2 (Maximum disk usage exceeded)"

This has happened for every SETI WU since Saturday - 15 of them.

I've checked the message boards and as far as I can see only 1 person has had this before and didn't get a reply. The WIKI's no help, and I've just had 3 Sztaki's do the same. I'm only running SIMAP at the moment and that's running fine.

Got 30 GB free space on the disc, 330MB of RAM available - everything else seems to be running normally. As far as I can tell, the only thing different is that I reset SETI on Saturday to try out the new WU's but would that affect Sztaki?

I've just Reset SETI again and getting

"20/06/2006 07:13:16|SETI@home|Restarting task 04ap99aa.12242.30034.361066.3.218_1 using setiathome_enhanced version 515
20/06/2006 07:13:53|SETI@home|Task 04ap99aa.12242.30034.361066.3.218_1 exited with zero status but no 'finished' file
20/06/2006 07:13:53|SETI@home|If this happens repeatedly you may need to reset the project."

B**ger it! Gonna detach and leave it out for a while - bit of a pain though!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Alter your Disk and memory usage and see what happens, once altered you will need to press update on which ever project you altered the settings on or BOINC to action them
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Maximum disk usage exceeded

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Oh dear - SETI Enhanced (and Sztaki) are throwing up

"20/06/2006 07:00:07|SETI@home|Unrecoverable error for result 05ap99ab.20895.30657.223594.3.80_2 (Maximum disk usage exceeded)"

Mike, go to the "Your Account" settings on one of your projects and check the "General Preferences" bit and take a look at "Disk and memory usage".

It might be that BOINC thinks it has already used up enough space, as set on these settings. Only adjust the one, as the projects share this info and will auto-update each preference across the projects.

Of course, if you have separate preferences (school, home, work), then you need to check these as well.

Otherwise, if you're running Windows see how much "swap space" you are using, as some applications use more and don't release when they shut down (PhotoShop sometimes does this, although it also has it's own swapfile).

regards,

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Thanks for your quick replies.

All ready tried resetting the preferances, never thought of resetting the swap space size but as this is computer managed and not been touched for months I didn't think it could have been that - checked it just in case though.

I also tried a WCG WU to see what that did and it went pear shaped as well - then I realised that I wrote the above a 7 O'clock this morning and wasn't quite awake and I forgot....

'Customer Services Desk - Rule 1'

"Have you tried switching off the computer and switching it back on again?"

Duh!

Well wadaya know - it werks! Still don't know why SIMAP worked all the way through though!

:withstupid: :violent1:  :violent1:
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:....'Customer Services Desk - Rule 1'

"Have you tried switching off the computer and switching it back on again?"

Duh!

Well wadaya know - it werks! Still don't know why SIMAP worked all the way through though!

:withstupid: :violent1:  :violent1:

Mike,

It happens to the best of us, so don't worry. Had already assumed that you'd re-booted.

Mostly for PC's running 24/7, the odd re-boot can do wonders, esp. if constantly opening/closing multiple different applications (over time).

Glad it's sorted.

regarsd,

Tim