Sending a PM via forum

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Sending a PM via forum

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Maybe one for Darren !!

Anyone help me with regards to how to send a PM - I've got one msg in my "Outbox" which won't leave !!

There doesn't seem to be a "send now" type command - or does it leave automatically after a set period?

This happened earlier today, but the two PM's I tried to send suddenly "went" - and I cannot figure out what I did to make them go before, so I'm stuck now !!

Secondly, the "space" for each PM "Box" seems a bit low - enough maybe for perhaps 10 msgs in each box - is this enough?

regards,

Tim

(edit) put in wrong box name ! (/edit)
Darren

Post by Darren »

So, is it working OK now?
I set them up initially with a maximum of 10 message/person in each of the boxes until I could work out how much space it was all going to need.

It can be easily increased if needed. Oh, look it's now 25 per box!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

A message won't go out of your outbox until a user logs in to recieve that message, it will just sit there until that user logs in and goes to there inbox
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:A message won't go out of your outbox until a user logs in to recieve that message, it will just sit there until that user logs in and goes to there inbox

Aha !

Knew there had to be a simple answer - so once it's left the "Outbox" one knows it's been "delivered"?

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Dazza wrote:So, is it working OK now?
Hi Darren,

Yup - That chap from Halifax had the answer - as always...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Dazza wrote:I set them up initially with a maximum of 10 message/person in each of the boxes until I could work out how much space it was all going to need.

It can be easily increased if needed. Oh, look it's now 25 per box!

Yup - indeed 25 is a good number. Should be good enough for most - if not, then can be changed as and when.

regards,

Tim