Can anyone help me?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Can anyone help me?

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

For some strange reason which eludes me at present I volunteered to do a talk at my local astronomy club next month. Having done several in the past 15 years I am keen not to repeat myself and eventually thought of a topic to present. BOINC.

I shall focus on the astronomy/astrophysics projects and shall, of course, mention UBT. I have put together the start of a presentation using screen shots from various projects, web sites etc. I was wondering if some kind soul could furnish me with a screen shot of the SETI screen saver? I just can't bring myself to sign up for that project and crunch a work unit to get the screen shot.

If you're willing to help me I'll PM my email address to you so that you can send it to me.

Many thanks,

Chris.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Chris, although I do crunch Seti, I have Boinc set as a service, hence no graphics.

There are some screen captures at http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ss_graphics.php although they do have a background image superimposed on them.

If they're not suitable and you have no luck from anyone else, let me know and I'll see about re-configuring Boinc and grabbing some screenshots.
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Thanks for the pointer. Just looked at them and they are very difficult to see. However, there is a link on that page to customising your own background which does have some very good shots that I should be able to do something with.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris.
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

No problem, glad you got it sorted.