BOINC Manager problem

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Rick Horn

BOINC Manager problem

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I am having a problem with BOINC Manager. The update command will not work, neither will "advanced- retry communications".

Also, I cannot connect to new projects. If I do try to connect, it says "failed to attach to project", but if I retry, it says "you are already attached to project", and in the "project" section of Boinc Manager, the new project will appear, but without my user name.

Has anyone had similar problems, and more to the point, does anyone know how to fix it?

Rick.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Could it be a firewall problem?
UBT - Rick Horn

Joshrandom wrote:Could it be a firewall problem?
Don`t think so, I`ve not changed anything recently, but thanks for your your suggestion.
UBT - Rick Horn

Downloaded BOINC Manager again - problem solved.  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Did you uninstall then install BOINC Manager, Rick? I ask because my problem is that after closing BM it suddenly reappears in the task bar and won't open when I click on it. I have to right click and click restore, that opens BM, but it has frozen and won't do anything until I exit completely and reopen. You can tell BOINC is still working even though BM is frozen because of the increased progress % after exiting and reopening.
UBT - Rick Horn

I didn`t uninstall it, just downloaded another and clicked on "repair".
It seems fine at the moment, but I`ll keep an eye on it in the light of your suggestions.

Thanks for your help, it`s much appreciated Melter.

Regards,
Rick.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've followed your lead and downloaded/repaired BM. I'll keep you posted on the results.