Crunch3r has thrown his toys out of the pram!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Crunch3r has thrown his toys out of the pram!

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Yet another pathetic soul has thrown his toys out of the pram

optimized Enhanced 5.12 app
EVERYONE PLEASE READ WHAT HAPPENED TO CRUNCHER3
Hello,

It's not quite easy for me to write this, to honest to you all I'm writing this now with a tear running from my eye.

It's been a fantastic time here for quite a while, since things have changed for the bad.

That's why I'm taking the consequences and have to say god bye to you all.

Take care of yourself and keep on crunching.

Good by SETI.
Good goodbye don't come back is what I have to say, you don't own the project, you may have done work on a optimised app but it gives you no right to think you have a say in what goes on in SETI.

And all the other wingers are making me chuckle too, if you don't like it leave and don't come back there's other projects out there for you to go to. enhanced is here to stay & Astropulse is coming in the future.

Edit: Forgot to say he has even shut down his sites that homed the downloads for optimised BOINC clients & Apps

Edit 2: The best thing about these whingers leaving is the project servers are not suffering as much any more, they recover so much faster after a outage
UBT - PaulT

Re: Crunch3r has thrown his toys out of the pram!

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Yet another pathetic soul has thrown his toys out of the pram
I think that anyone who went to the trouble of presenting the SETI developers with a version of the client software which corrected all the bugs that exist in the officiall app only to have it rejected, and then be accused of cheating as publically as crunch3r was has every right to be p####d off.
Temujin

Re: Crunch3r has thrown his toys out of the pram!

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PaulT wrote:I think that anyone who went to the trouble of presenting the SETI developers with a version of the client software which corrected all the bugs that exist in the officiall app only to have it rejected, and then be accused of cheating as publically as crunch3r was has every right to be p####d off.
totally agree, I hope he returns asap, with or without any apology but prefferably with.  
however, I think people going on strike in support of him is a tad ridiculous and childish.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Its called sticks & stones hes a grown man so surely he can take criticism or even been called a cheat, people who throw there toys out of there pram are really pathetic and need to go out and get a life.

My god if everyone sulked every time there was a disagreement in life we would all get no where.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Good he has gone for ever and deleted every file he ever had for SETI
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Good he has gone for ever and deleted every file he ever had for SETI

Got to agree with that  :lol:  even though he was doin a good thing for Seti
jeniferlewis23

Post by jeniferlewis23 »

i also agree with  that  he was doing a good thing for Seti. Its good one for that.
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

I cut back/stopped SETI because it is over subscribed, full of "I've got more points/CPU/hair/posts/app than you" idiots, it's badly run and  to unreliable.

and full of people who think they are more important than the project, well screw you I'm voting with me fingers.

Donate my cycles to someone who needs them.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: You tell em . And while we are having a go ..don't it get on yer nerves when people download 150 WU's and you have to wait 2 months for them to get sent back out !!!
GRRRRRRRRR pending for 2 months ImageImageImage