PS3

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

PS3

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Thinking I may buy a PS3 in the next month or 2, if I tell myself its for the Blu-Ray Player, then I should be able to con myself into it.

Question:

How easy is it to set BOINC up on a PS3 :?:
Temujin

Re: PS3

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Thinking I may buy a PS3 in the next month or 2, if I tell myself its for the Blu-Ray Player, then I should be able to con myself into it.

Question:

How easy is it to set BOINC up on a PS3 :?:
You'll need a pen drive and if you follow the instructions on the PS3Grid site it'll go on no problem.

You can run it "live" using the pendrive or full install like I have.
If you can get wired network to it you'll save yourself a whole bunch of trouble getting wireless to work (live only works with a wired network)

There's only PS3Grid and Yoyo that make full use of the SPEs and another 5 or 6 projects with non-SPE apps
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Thanks, I have a pen drive so thats fine, I did look at the instructions on PS3 Grid and them just seemed too easy :!:  lol

I have a wired network link behind the TV, my Xbox is already connected, so looks like i'm all ready, just need to buy the PS3 now then
Ben

Post by Ben »

You will see your credit shoot up then!  :D  I think it is about 4000 - 5000 credits a day if i'm right (running PS3 grid)?  :)