Current Outage

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
Temujin

Current Outage

Post by Temujin »

for anybody that hasn't seen it, from the front page

May 30, 2006
The projects have been temporarily stopped in order to diagnose problems that have arisen with file upload handling. This outage will continue into our regularly scheduled maintenance outage today. We expect the projects to be restarted by 21:00 UTC. Data servers and web pages are offline until our maintenance is completed. Thank you for your patience.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Current Outage

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:for anybody that hasn't seen it, from the front page

May 30, 2006
The projects have been temporarily stopped in order to diagnose problems that have arisen with file upload handling. This outage will continue into our regularly scheduled maintenance outage today. We expect the projects to be restarted by 21:00 UTC. Data servers and web pages are offline until our maintenance is completed. Thank you for your patience.
Hi John,

Beat me to it.

Had noticed since late yesterday that both Einstein and SETI are both "down". Which for me is a shame, as I had just switched over to these after the Crunch for WCG.

Both reckon they'll be back online tonight (yeah, right !)

So, I have work on-going, but by tonight, it'll start getting "dry" so, have switched to XtremLab for a while (short duration WU's but NOT for Win 9x or ME) as well as hoping I get some LHC work...!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

At 13:30 UTC yesterday the SETI@home upload/download server failed. We've solved the problem, so you should be able to upload results and download new work at this time. There will probably be a long period where the servers are overloaded with backlogged requests. Thank you for your patience