WIN XP SP3 out on 29th April

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
NaRyan

WIN XP SP3 out on 29th April

Post by NaRyan »

For all you peeps stuck in the x86 Windows OS age, an ikkle bit of good news (if it don't snafu things :?)
Today we are happy to announce that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) has released to manufacturing (RTM). Windows XP SP3 bits are now working their way through our manufacturing channels to be available to OEM and Enterprise customers.

We are also in the final stages of preparing for release to the web (i.e. you!) on April 29th, via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center. Online documentation for Windows XP SP3, such as Microsoft Knowledge Base articles and the Microsoft TechNet Windows XP TechCenter, will be updated then. For customers who use Windows XP at home, Windows XP SP3 Automatic Update distribution for users at home will begin in early summer.
From the Microsoft Forums
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

SP3 is out.
Direct Download Link (316MB)

It's been delayed from Windows Update for a while due to them finding a bug.
I wanted to update you on today’s planned release to web (RTW) (of XP SP3). In the last few days, we have uncovered a compatibility issue between Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Whatever "Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS)" is :P
It will be a 70MB download from windows update.

And for the Windows XP x64 peeps, SP3 will be out in June (when they release Windows Server 2003 SP3) :)
Last edited by NaRyan on Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

That isn't XP SP3, NaRyan, it's a Microsoft 'white paper' (pdf file) giving an overview of the contents of XP SP3 :D
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

MEH!
Link fixed, I blame Linux *ahem*
It works fine on the laptop, however just after I installed it my Keyboard on my Q6600 died *cry*.
So keep all Linux pootas at least 100FT away from the install.
As they will kill your keyboard in protest :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

NaRyan wrote:SP3 is out.
Direct Download Link (316MB)
Hi

I heard that Microsoft had SHELVED the release due to a compatibility problem with their Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System software:

Check this

regards

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Some interesting views in the comments section there, Timbo! :shock:

I think I'll wait until M$ have got their sh*t together and SP3 gets as good a press as SP2 :wink: