Adding some old crunching stats to my account. How?

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Knightlight

Adding some old crunching stats to my account. How?

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

Many many years ago i used to crunch for Seti@home, now this was back in the days of a P75, and AMD200Mhz, so probably not many credits there. But I done over 2000 work units, each one took about 17 hours. It was before Boinc was about, so it was a Seti screen saver.

My user name was:- budgie01@aol.com

One problem is I do not have that email account any more. Is there any way to take control of my credits?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Adding some old crunching stats to my account. How?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Knightlight wrote:Many many years ago i used to crunch for Seti@home, now this was back in the days of a P75, and AMD200Mhz, so probably not many credits there. But I done over 2000 work units, each one took about 17 hours. It was before Boinc was about, so it was a Seti screen saver.

One problem is I do not have that email account any more. Is there any way to take control of my credits?
Hi Knight,

The old SETI project (called SETI Classic since BOINC) is now dead and buried.

And there never has been a way of collating (or adding) the OLD SETI Classic credits with the new SETI "BOINC" credits.

So, as far as anything you achieved with SETI Classic, the ONLY hope you have, is if you used the same email addy for both Classic AND BOINC and then your Classic credits will appear on your BOINC SETI account page.....but that's all that will happen with them....so you can brag to your friends that you've done both....

But they have no other value....!

(PS Take a look at our SETI Crunch leaders account page here

regards

Tim
UBT - Knightlight

Oh well, was worth ago.

Thanks for the info.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Knightlight wrote:Many many years ago i used to crunch for Seti@home, now this was back in the days of a P75, and AMD200Mhz, so probably not many credits there. But I done over 2000 work units, each one took about 17 hours. It was before Boinc was about, so it was a Seti screen saver.

I used to be with AOL at one time, but I can still use my old AOL email address to receive mail. AOL now allow anyone to create a free email account, and I was simply allowed to transfer my old email address to the free account (something about changing @aol.com to @aol.co.uk, though mail for the former still gets through  :D ), they might do the same for you.

Not sure if thats really going to help though, since I don't know how you go about laying claim to old classic credits.  :?

James.
UBT - Knightlight

Thanks, Joshrandom.
I managed to get access to my old email account. There is over 4000 classic seti credits on that account.

Classic Seti credit account info.
Email address:- budgie01@aol.com
Name:-            Knightlight
Account Number:-  91990

How do i add it to my current account of?

Email address:- dpotter@knightlight.co.uk
Name:-           Knightlight
Account Number:- 8604841

I know it won't mean anything on BOINC, its just one of those 'nice to have' type things showing I once done the Seti Classic.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

See the bottom of the page on this link
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_classic.php
UBT - Knightlight

Thanks Mark, it worked.  :D
colinsteadman

Post by colinsteadman »

UBT - Knightlight wrote:this was back in the days of a P75, and AMD200Mhz
I started out with a 486 100Mhz PC... it used to take me 4 days continuous processing to crunch a single WU.   :shock:

I'd love to see a graph showing the average WU processing time of time.  I bet it's continously in freefall.  

Now the misses is back at work fulltime I expect to have some spending money again and I've got my eyes on an Intel Quad core upgrade... I bet those suckers eat WU's for breakfast!  Compared to my aging AMD X2 4400 anyway.