The Prof.... Missing in action?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - The Prof....

The Prof.... Missing in action?

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Hi folks, back again.  8)
Not been able to crunch or visit forum as pooter died  :cry:  :cry:
Has taken a while but now up and running again, but have lost everything I was crunching as the only way to get the system back was to re-format my hard drive, which had decided to scramble it's self totally  :shock:
(Un)fortunatly a work collegue managed to sort out the mess, so I can't justify having to go out and buy a nice new quad :?  :cry:  :evil:
As yet still not got e-mail back as can't remember which sever to reconect to. Now its POP3 one way, but can't remember the return one HELP!
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: The Prof.... Missing in action?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:Hi folks, back again.  8)
Not been able to crunch or visit forum as pooter died  :cry:  :cry:
Has taken a while but now up and running again, but have lost everything I was crunching as the only way to get the system back was to re-format my hard drive, which had decided to scramble it's self totally  :shock:
(Un)fortunatly a work collegue managed to sort out the mess, so I can't justify having to go out and buy a nice new quad :?  :cry:  :evil:
As yet still not got e-mail back as can't remember which sever to reconect to. Now its POP3 one way, but can't remember the return one HELP!
Nice to have you back! Now get going on MilkyWay!! :D

If you know the pop3 bit the other is usually the same but with pop3 replaced by SMTP.

If you have a backup it would just be a case of importing the settings - you have got a backup disc haven't you? Nah, neither have I. Must get round to doing that some day!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Re: The Prof.... Missing in action?

Post by Temujin »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:As yet still not got e-mail back as can't remember which sever to reconect to. Now its POP3 one way, but can't remember the return one HELP!
Which ISP do you use?
Its quite possible we've got another member with the same ISP who could let you know the settings.
And ISPs usually have a setup page on their website.

Nice to have you back too :D
UBT - The Prof....

I am with Virgin Media/ NTL will look at There page and see if I can work it out.... :oops:

Edit. Found it now....

What a thicko...
Last edited by UBT - The Prof.... on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

UBT - The Prof.... wrote:I am with Virgin Media/ NTL will look at There page and see if I can work it out.... :oops:
I'm with Virgin too, my settings are :-

Incoming : pop.ntlworld.com

Outgoing : smtp.ntlworld.com

hope that helps.

James.
UBT - The Prof....

Joshrandom wrote:
UBT - The Prof.... wrote:I am with Virgin Media/ NTL will look at There page and see if I can work it out.... :oops:
I'm with Virgin too, my settings are :-

Incoming : pop.ntlworld.com

Outgoing : smtp.ntlworld.com

hope that helps.

James.
Thanks very much, it does help, though I found it about the same time you posted this for me.....
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Glad to hear you got it sorted.  :thumbup:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome back, glad you could join the Quad brigade  8)