Sorry about the lack of rac

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Vic

Sorry about the lack of rac

Post by Vic »

Just not had a good last six months in connection with computers. Two Towers fail mysteriously, 1 laptop goes incredibly flakey and keeps turning off without warning and the other has a blown power supply. The tower I am on at the moment won't run anything else if boinc is running, but as it was a gift to get the kids back on the net I can't complain. But on the bright side I have a new job (which keeps me off the net as much). And on the 21 1.08 I became the proud father of twins Tyler and Isobel. :D
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Congratulations on the birth of your twins  :D  
One of my rigs is always crashing with blue screens, despite having 2 new hard drives being installed, so I know how you feel!

Regards, Rick.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Congratulations on the twins  :occasion5: , and good luck with the PC's and the new job.   :wink:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Great news Twins and a new job Image
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Congrats on the twins and the job  :wav:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Congratulations on the twins  :binky:  :binky:  :)
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Congratulations on the Twins and the Job.

I'll bet the Twins keep you too busy to bother too much with the net for the next few months.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Congratulations to your Partner and Yourself on the birth of your Twins! Image

Now go and **** your computer, you might end up with Quads! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Vic,

That's great news.....hope you're wife/partner and the twins are in good health - guess you'll be having more on your mind for the next 16+ years !!

So, let's see......you can buy them a nice quad core CPU for their 1st birthday pressie.....by then the prices would have come down quite a bit.

Then by their 5th b'day, you can get them a nice new octo core.

And by their 10th, I'm sure you'll be able to afford one of the new sedecim (16) core CPU's.

And for their 16th, how about a nice octoginta (80) core?

Better start saving now !!

regards

Tim

PS I hope they will be duly educated about BOINC and registered members of UBT by their 1st b'day :-)
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Hi Vic, nice to see you back around the place
Congratulations on the twins and the new job

Best of luck, you're gonna need it  :D