Dentists

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Dentists

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Just registered with one today (Private)

For a initial examination of my mouth, teeth, gums & x-rays, plus cancer screening its costing me £60. Hoping the normal sessions after this are at a lower price, wouldn't want to spend that much each time :lol:

I think the price is quite reasonable for what they are doing, any one else think thats either cheap, just right or too high, been a while since I went to a dentist now.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Dentists

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Just registered with one today (Private)

For a initial examination of my mouth, teeth, gums & x-rays, plus cancer screening its costing me £60. Hoping the normal sessions after this are at a lower price, wouldn't want to spend that much each time :lol:

I think the price is quite reasonable for what they are doing, any one else think thats either cheap, just right or too high, been a while since I went to a dentist now.
Hi David,

Err....once you start actually having the extra's like fillings, anaesthetic, root canal, etc, then it all mounts up pretty quickly.

I had a root canal treatment some time back - cost around £300 and they couldn't guarantee it would be OK coz when the tooth is "open" infection can get in....

And guess what - if the infection did come back, I'd have to pay for them to fix it....which usually means an extraction.

And I'd need plenty of anaesthetic for that...!

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Hopefully will not need anything like that :wink: , but thats where my private healthcare would kick in, just waiting for my documents in post to sign before cover starts, just invested in this today

Only ever used NHS services when I was a kid
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Hopefully will not need anything like that :wink: , but thats where my private healthcare would kick in, just waiting for my documents in post to sign before cover starts, just invested in this today

Only ever used NHS services when I was a kid
Ooh 'eck....if it's been THAT long since you've been to a dentist, then they may find plenty of work to do....

Just watch out in case your premiums go up...!

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Well heres hoping there are no problems :lol:  :lol:  I don't feel like there are any problems but who knows there could be, I do generally keep my teeth in good care. Think the other reason I have gone Private is because of the lack of NHS dentists in the local area (well I guess it covers the whole country)
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Well heres hoping there are no problems :lol:  :lol:  I don't feel like there are any problems but who knows there could be, I do generally keep my teeth in good care. Think the other reason I have gone Private is because of the lack of NHS dentists in the local area (well I guess it covers the whole country)
I am lucky enough to have an NHS dentist, though there must be millions who can't get one. Go for a check up every six months, costs me about £18, which I can reclaim through company health scheme.  Same if I want new glasses..
UBT - Halifax-lad

Only have a eyecare plan at work, but do have access to some kind of civil service healthcare scheme, not looked into that one as yet, got a few quotes rolling in on various plans.

My dads NHS doctor is based in Inverness, he lives in Wick so its a good 2-3hr drive just to get there :shock: