benchmarks

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

benchmarks

Post by UBT - Terry »

Just a little question for you Linux users ,
I'm running Fedora 8, 64 bit  on a rig that in Windoze xp 32 bit benchmarks @ about 2900 whetstone.
But on Linux it only gets this
Sat 12 Jan 2008 01:12:28 PM GMT||   2310 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
Yet my cpu is @ 2984 mhz per core.
Anyone got any ideas?

Terry
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: benchmarks

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Terry wrote:Just a little question for you Linux users ,
I'm running Fedora 8, 64 bit  on a rig that in Windoze xp 32 bit benchmarks @ about 2900 whetstone.
But on Linux it only gets this
Sat 12 Jan 2008 01:12:28 PM GMT||   2310 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
Yet my cpu is @ 2984 mhz per core.
Anyone got any ideas?

Terry
Are you running the same version (major and minor) of BOINC in each case? I "think" that even the same version of BOINC on each OS gives different scores anyways - something to do with the compiler??

Also, there were (still are?) some BOINC clients that are optimised on particular OS's to provide better benchmark scores and hence give you (on some projects) better credits.

regards

Tim
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

The versions are different but I had the same thing while running on a different version of boinc also with Fedora 6 64 bit .
My Benchmarks are even better when running on 64bit xp, and another thing of interest I'll pm you about :wink:

Terry