WCG Team Challenge invitation email

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

WCG Team Challenge invitation email

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I have just sent the following email to all our WCG project members who have agreed to allow me to contact them directly via email through the WCG project website.

Sadly, only 40 team members (out of 193) have agreed to receive such emails, so I'm copying this email here for other members to read.
Hi,

I have now signed up the UK BOINC Team to take part in the "Christmas race" Team Challenge on the WCG project.

This starts on 1st December 2007 and lasts for 24 days.

I cordially invite you to crunch on WCG project during this time (and perhaps for a few days beforehand), assuming you can spare some (or all !) of your CPU resources. This will then ensure that this project benefits from your efforts while at the same time, we might be able to improve our overall ranking position on this project.

You can see who has already signed up to crunch on WCG during this period on our forum here: http://forum.ukboincteam.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I am hopeful that we can put on a really good show - we recently finished 4th (out of 14 teams) on the SETI@NL Gauntlet...so we have some good horse-power available, but of course it would be great to maximise this on WCG, as we are up against a lot of very strong teams.

Good luck everybody...!

PS If you have any queries, please check our forum or otherwise, feel free to email me.

regards

Tim
Founder, UK BOINC Team
Of course, if you aren't crunching on WCG project yet, why not join us for this Challenge - just use the BOINC Manager "Tools > Attach to project" menu item and then click on "World Community Grid" in the drop down box....it's so easy to do...!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
roger norris

I'm in on the Challenge!

Post by roger norris »

Hi Tim and all at UBT,

I am definitely up for the Xmas challenge! I am a refugee from the collapse of United Devices last April and switched across to WCG then.

Great to see how much effort is put into the site by you all. Lets crunch away for Christmas and see where we get .

Nice to meet you all.

Kind regards,

Roger
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: I'm in on the Challenge!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

roger norris wrote:Hi Tim and all at UBT,

I am definitely up for the Xmas challenge! I am a refugee from the collapse of United Devices last April and switched across to WCG then.

Great to see how much effort is put into the site by you all. Lets crunch away for Christmas and see where we get .

Nice to meet you all.

Kind regards,

Roger
Hi Roger,

Another ex-UD cruncher....! (How many more want to own up to doing this ??)

Welcome to the team.

Any extra crunching power you are able to add to the team's efforts on WCG will be warmly appreciated.

regards

Tim