an *old* newbie

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
liz

an *old* newbie

Post by liz »

Hi I'm Liz in Merseyside, returning after a gap of a few years. It is amazing how much the whole programme has evolved since then.
regards
Liz
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Welcome to our very sensible team  liz ImageImage
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image  Liz, glad you decided to rejoin all the fun and your choice of team was excellent (obviously) Hope to see you around the forum and chat room.

Mark

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Welcome back Liz :wave:
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

Welcome back to the mad house, it has evolved over the last few years, for good and for bad, but I'm sure you will enjoy the fun even more this time round.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome back  :hello2:
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Hello Liz, and welcome to the forum  :wave:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Hello Liz and Image back to the Forum!! :thumbright:
liz

Thanks

Post by liz »

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome:) I'm pleased to be back.
regards
Liz
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Hi Liz. Welcome aboard.

You can get a team signature at:

http://signature.ukboincteam.com/

Regards, Rick.
liz

Post by liz »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:Hi Liz. Welcome aboard.

You can get a team signature at:

http://signature.ukboincteam.com/

Regards, Rick.
I don't know what my cross-project ID is. I entered SETI@Home as that is all I am doing for now plus my password & it said it was not a valid CPID or had not been circulated yet & to try again tomorrow.
So what did I do wrong?
regards
Liz
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

liz wrote:I don't know what my cross-project ID is. I entered SETI@Home as that is all I am doing for now plus my password & it said it was not a valid CPID or had not been circulated yet & to try again tomorrow.
So what did I do wrong?
regards
Liz
Liz,

Your CPID is:

e995dd23a2c4ea7c336b24cd4017fe9f

Just cut and paste this into the UBT Signature website URL here and you can get a team signature displaying your stats !!

Think of anything memorable for your password (yup - another one for you to remember !!).

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

liz wrote:I don't know what my cross-project ID is.
Hi Liz

Each boinc project assigns you its own ID, known as a PID or Project ID.
The email address that you registered with Seti is then used to create a CPID or Cross Project ID.
As and when you join other projects, they will give you a different PID but if you use the same email address you will get the same CPID.

The CPID is just a way of identifying users across multiple pojects.

You can find your CPID on you seti account page towards the bottom.
Its in small text so look hard :D
liz

thanks for help

Post by liz »

to John & Tim
I now have my team signature. How do I get it to show in my posts? Sorry to be so dense, I tried copy/paste but that didn't work:(
regards
Liz
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: thanks for help

Post by UBT - Timbo »

liz wrote:to John & Tim
I now have my team signature. How do I get it to show in my posts? Sorry to be so dense, I tried copy/paste but that didn't work:(
regards
Liz
Hi Liz,

Your signature code looks like this:

Code: Select all

http://signature.ukboincteam.com/sigs/205.gif
And when you signed up for the "signature" you should have receive this code...

So if you want to add it to your posts, you need to include this in your "signature" section which is part of your "Profile" on the forum.

However, as it will be an image, then you need to add an "image marker" before and after the above code, making it like this:

[img]http://signature.ukboincteam.com/sigs/205.gif[/img]
That's it....

Try it and see how you get on.

regards

Tim
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Further to what Tim said above.... :wink:
Once you've got your signature link added to the signature section of your profile, you'll need to make sure your settings are set to show your sig in your posts.

In your profile select profile tab, then under your profile on the left hand side select profile settings then posting and check always attach signature is set to yes.
James
liz

Post by liz »

Hi Tim, thanks yet again for your help. I have looked in my email &  I don't seem to have received that code. But I have been to my profile & entered it & updated, so hopefully it will appear in my signature now:)
regards
Liz
Hi Liz,

Your signature code looks like this:

http://signature.ukboincteam.com/sigs/205.gif
And when you signed up for the "signature" you should have receive this code...

So if you want to add it to your posts, you need to include this in your "signature" section which is part of your "Profile" on the forum.

However, as it will be an image, then you need to add an "image marker" before and after the above code, making it like this:

[img]http://signature.ukboincteam.com/sigs/205.gif[/img]
That's it....

Try it and see how you get on.

regards

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

liz wrote:Hi Tim, thanks yet again for your help. I have looked in my email &  I don't seem to have received that code. But I have been to my profile & entered it & updated, so hopefully it will appear in my signature now:)
regards
Liz
Hi Liz,

It's all sorted now.

Just make sure when you post or reply on the forum that the "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" box is TICKED...it should be ticked by default.

And then your stats siggy will appear, as if by magic  :D

regards

Tim
liz

Post by liz »

Tim, do you wear a shiny suit made of metal & ride a white horse? You have been my knight in shining armour with all this. I'm pleased to see my siggy now & it will be great to watch the numbers grow.
warm regards
Liz
Hi Liz,

It's all sorted now.

Just make sure when you post or reply on the forum that the "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" box is TICKED...it should be ticked by default.

And then your stats siggy will appear, as if by magic  :D

regards

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

liz wrote:Tim, do you wear a shiny suit made of metal & ride a white horse? You have been my knight in shining armour with all this. I'm pleased to see my siggy now & it will be great to watch the numbers grow.
warm regards
Liz
Hi Liz,

Ahhhhhh...well the suit is getting a bit rusty...and the horse is a bit of an old nag now.... !!

But otherwise, yup, I'm a genuine..... errrr..... KNIGHT !!

To be honest, one of the reasons why I set up this team in the first place was to help others.... either setting up BOINC, or helping people to get crunching on the projects, or just pointing people in the right direction so that, in turn, they can learn and help others....

And trying not to be too embarrassing...the proverb I try to adhere to most, is:

Give a man a fish, feed for a day
TEACH a man to fish, feed him for life.... (and it's cheaper as well !!!!!!)

You've got over the 1st hurdle, (crunching on BOINC - you did that all on your own !!), the 2nd hurdle (joining a team that will support you) and the 3rd hurdle (figuring out how to make it all work the way YOU want it to...!).

So if you need any more help, just ask..... we all had to start from somewhere....!

regards

Tim