Is the Master telling a few porkies?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Is the Master telling a few porkies?

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

So, please join us - We're the TOP RANKED UK TEAM that supports EVERY BOINC Project !
I only counted 5 that we are 1st in for country stats, can you see something I can't  :roll: :?:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Is the Master telling a few porkies?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
So, please join us - We're the TOP RANKED UK TEAM that supports EVERY BOINC Project !
I only counted 5 that we are 1st in for country stats, can you see something I can't  :roll: :?:

Easy - I never said we are the 1st team in any project - but, if you re-read my phrase, then it should be taken this way:

Of all the UK teams (not including International or any other country of course) that crunch for EVERY BOINC project (hence not including those that only crunch for say two/three projects), then we've got most credits....!

Simple really.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

But worded in a way that can come across as misleading :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:But worded in a way that can come across as misleading :lol:  :lol:
Am happy to change it. Always keen to ensure that anything I "say" doesn't have too ambiguous a meaning.....

On the other hand, sometimes you need something "catchy" that draws people in - you know, like the "big caption" and then you see the small print underneath....!

Either way, we  do need to do more to self-pomote ouselves and the fact is that we'll only get bigger and better if we make sure people hear the message...! (PS Been working in marketing for nigh on 30 years, so am quite used to making a pig's ear sound like a silk purse....no humans or animals were hurt during the formation and execution of that last paragraph... :) )

regards
Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Is fine as it is, I was just trying to work out what the hell it meant, as I couldn't work it out for the life in me :lol:  :banghead: