Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel for sale

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel for sale

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Anyone interested in buying my Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel (LPG/Petrol) Estate??

Click here

And before you ask, this IS computing related - it has TWO trip computers on board.... :-)

regards

Tim

(Edit: for the benefit of Google searches !!)
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I'd snap your hand off, Timbo! If only I had £8k :(

Lovely looking car, although I do have a soft spot for Volvos! :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:I'd snap your hand off, Timbo! If only I had £8k :(

Lovely looking car, although I do have a soft spot for Volvos! :D
It IS a nice car...served me well and would hopefully serve someone else well as well.

But the time has come when it is now surplus to my needs....I got a company VAN (don't laugh) about 5 months ago, and I've spent more time driving that then the car, so rather than see it sitting on my drive collecting bird droppings and not going anywhere, it might as well be doing somebody else a favour...!

This is my first "stab" at selling this on eBay....the 8k reserve might be too high, but if you don't ask, you don't get....

And if it doesn't reach the reserve, then I might just reduce the reserve based on how close it gets....

It'll be a shame to see it go...but go it must...!

PS I'm also selling a house, if anyone wants to consider that ? :-)

It's here:

Maidstone 2 bed bungalow

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Don't worry if there are no bids on your car. I 'sold' my '91 Volvo 940 on ebay. Not one bid was made, but I had lots of emails from people asking questions about the car. Then one bloke, from Blackpool, emailed me asking if he could come and buy the car for the reserved price, cash in hand, the following day! He turned up, on time, with a fistful of cash and took the car away (his wife following him home in their own car) :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:Don't worry if there are no bids on your car. I 'sold' my '91 Volvo 940 on ebay. Not one bid was made, but I had lots of emails from people asking questions about the car. Then one bloke, from Blackpool, emailed me asking if he could come and buy the car for the reserved price, cash in hand, the following day! He turned up, on time, with a fistful of cash and took the car away (his wife following him home in their own car) :D
Hi,

I don't s'pose you've got his phone number ????

I've had a couple of enquiries wanting to view...but no one confirmed WHEN they want to view yet...:-(

And there's a few bids...but it has some way to go...

In a way, I'd be happy if it didn't sell...but that's my heart speaking...my head says it has to go to a new home....coz I'm just not using it at all...so wasteful if it's doing nothing and just costing me money to insure and tax.

regards

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

UBT - Timbo wrote:I've had a couple of enquiries wanting to view...but no one confirmed WHEN they want to view yet...:-(
This is what happened to me! They'll all seem very coy until close to the deadline. You should get a lot of action as you get to within a few days of the deadline! :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:This is what happened to me! They'll all seem very coy until close to the deadline. You should get a lot of action as you get to within a few days of the deadline! :D
TBH, I'm not too worried about the bids coming...am sure they will....more about whether anyone will exceed the reserve... :shock:

I'm an old hand at eBay....I put the auction on for the full 10 days, on Thursday evening, coz historically, there's nothing on the telly on Sunday nights around 7pm....so more chance to sell at that time...!

Hopefully, it will be attractive enough for people to want to buy....

regards,

Tim