Can you help me?

Get physical with some of these projects? Asteroids, Cosmology, Einstein, LHC, MilkyWay, Test4Theory,
MickyTeddy

Can you help me?

Post by MickyTeddy »

I thought I was already a member on the main site as 2 of my 3 projects show UK Boinc as my team, and I have been getting e mails but I had to register today on the main website.  I tried several names I use but it did not recognise my e mail address which I have had for years.

I have UK Boinc attached to 2 of the 3 projects I am running.
How do I add you to the Einstein one?

When you are on the main Boinc page you can choose a team, and it takes you look for one.  So I copy your url and then I do not know where I need to add it.

Thick Brit!!  aka MickyTeddy aka MT or Micky
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Can you help me?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

MickyTeddy wrote:I thought I was already a member on the main site as 2 of my 3 projects show UK Boinc as my team, and I have been getting e mails but I had to register today on the main website.  I tried several names I use but it did not recognise my e mail address which I have had for years.

I have UK Boinc attached to 2 of the 3 projects I am running.
How do I add you to the Einstein one?

When you are on the main Boinc page you can choose a team, and it takes you look for one.  So I copy your url and then I do not know where I need to add it.

Thick Brit!!  aka MickyTeddy aka MT or Micky
Hi Micky...

You are registered on our Team crunching for SETI and WCG (as MickyTeddy) and on SIMAP and Rosetta (as Michele).

I couldn't find you on our Einstein team (which confirms your thoughts).

So, to join UBT on Einstein, simply click here:

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_join_form.php?id=130

Simple, eh?

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickyTeddy

Post by MickyTeddy »

Thank you for such a speedy response!
Yes I know I can see 2 names that is why I tried both when I tried to log in!!

As of now all joined on 3 projects!!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

MickyTeddy wrote:Thank you for such a speedy response!
Yes I know I can see 2 names that is why I tried both when I tried to log in!!

As of now all joined on 3 projects!!
Excellent. Glad I could help.

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Similar problem to above. I've changed my email, username and team so they are the same in each project, but Einstein still doesn't have the same CPID as the others (Belgian beer hasn't done enough to report yet, I think)
I'd like Einstein to show up on my sig, but can't see where I've gone wrong!

Any help much appreciated :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:Similar problem to above. I've changed my email, username and team so they are the same in each project, but Einstein still doesn't have the same CPID as the others (Belgian beer hasn't done enough to report yet, I think)
I'd like Einstein to show up on my sig, but can't see where I've gone wrong!

Any help much appreciated :D
It can take a good few hours (days even) for the various CPID's to align with each other.

I'd give it until the weekend and see what has happened by then.

Either way, you're not losing anything, as all your credits will still be assigned to you !!

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Right, I've found the problem, but need advice on sorting it out. The email address I'm using for my projects already has an Einstein account registered to it, but it has zero credits. My present Einstein account is registered to another email address, and won't let me alter that address as "there is already another account registered to that address"

So I need to delete the account with zero credits, then I can alter my present accounts email address back to the old email address (which all my other accounts are now registered under)

Clear as mud! :roll:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

You need to make sure you have only one account per project, so delete your Einstein account with no credit on it. Then make sure all your accounts are in your new email address. This will align your accounts under one cpid, and your signature stats will show together.
This may take several days, but BOINC will automatically sort it out in time.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:Right, I've found the problem, but need advice on sorting it out. The email address I'm using for my projects already has an Einstein account registered to it, but it has zero credits. My present Einstein account is registered to another email address, and won't let me alter that address as "there is already another account registered to that address"

So I need to delete the account with zero credits, then I can alter my present accounts email address back to the old email address (which all my other accounts are now registered under)

Clear as mud! :roll:  :lol:  :lol:
I'm not sure you can actually "delete" an account....

But what you can do is to change the "unwanted" email addy to something else (any old thing will do)...then change the wanted account to the correct email addy (same as your others). Then change the unwanted account to the email addy that is now "spare".

You can do this with two web browsers open: one logged in on the "unwanted" account and one logged in on the "wanted" account.

Then just wait for the CPID's to align...!

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Cheers Rick and Timbo! Sorted it out, hopefully see the CPID change soon! :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Obviously no change! Can someone align my CPID's so that Einstein is on my sig? I thank you! :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

melter65 wrote:Obviously no change! Can someone align my CPID's so that Einstien is on my sig? I thank you! :D
Something very strange going on there. When you do a search in BOINCStats your name comes up with projects, but Einstein is missing. There's 2 of you but the 2nd comes back as "" 'no credits'

When I look at Einstein you're there in the team but with a different CPID from the other projects (but you knew that!) CPIDs should realign automatically - there's nothing we or you can do to influence them other than the following.

Is the Einstein project installed in the BOINC manager at the moment?

I think the problem is that your computer hasn't contacted the project since 17 June. If it isn't install it - if it is the just select 'Einstein' from the project list and press 'update'. This will then contact the project and update it. I reckon that will sort you! Have to wait a couple of days to filter across though.

HTH

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Melter are you sure that you didn't make a typo when creating the account not being funny but it is so easy to do.
I had SAH and CPDN under incorrect e mail addy's just 1 letter was missing but David helped me @ BOINC but that was before i joined up with UBT.

Terry
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikee wrote:I think the problem is that your computer hasn't contacted the project since 17 June. If it isn't install it - if it is the just select 'Einstein' from the project list and press 'update'. This will then contact the project and update it. I reckon that will sort you! Have to wait a couple of days to filter across though.
and it would help if you could run Einstein on a computer that is also attached to other projects
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Temujin wrote:and it would help if you could run Einstein on a computer that is also attached to other projects

I don't have that prob on any of mine John not heard that before

Terry
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Terry wrote:
Temujin wrote:and it would help if you could run Einstein on a computer that is also attached to other projects

I don't have that prob on any of mine John not heard that before

Terry
Can't remember which project it was but I only had the one project running on a new PC and only ran that project on that new PC.
Even though I'd used the same email addy it just would not sync the CPID until I added another project that was also running on a 2nd PC.
As soon as I added the 2nd project, it sync'd the CPID.
Its worth a try melter, you seem to have done everything else.
Darren

Post by Darren »

melter65 wrote:Obviously no change! Can someone align my CPID's so that Einstein is on my sig? I thank you! :D
Sorted
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Cheers Darren 8)