Bam Bam

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Rockinfroggi

Bam Bam

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I was just having a bit of a tidy up here and detaching from projects I rarely do when I poked my nose into my global preferences in Bam.

There seems to be a new option in there either that or I'm as blind as a bat and twice as stupid as I've never seen it before.

Under 'Connect to network about every x days' it now says 'Maintain enough work for an additional x days'.

Can anyone confirm if this has always been there or is it a new addition?

Puzzled and Confuzzled.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Bam Bam

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Rockinfroggi wrote:I was just having a bit of a tidy up here and detaching from projects I rarely do when I poked my nose into my global preferences in Bam.

There seems to be a new option in there either that or I'm as blind as a bat and twice as stupid as I've never seen it before.

Under 'Connect to network about every x days' it now says 'Maintain enough work for an additional x days'.

Can anyone confirm if this has always been there or is it a new addition?

Puzzled and Confuzzled.
Not sure about BAM! but it did come in with version 5.10.0 of the BOINC manager (advanced > preferences - calls it 'additional work buffer' there)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Re: Bam Bam

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Mikee wrote:
Not sure about BAM! but it did come in with version 5.10.0 of the BOINC manager (advanced > preferences - calls it 'additional work buffer' there)

You know what, I am both blind and stupid, thanks for pointing that out as I never noticed the preferences in Boinc Manager.

I think it must be to do with that addition then.

Gary.