UBT Birthday - Most members on forum "record"

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UBT Birthday - Most members on forum "record"

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I'd just like you to consider making a diary entry for 23rd June (the Teams' birthday) and to consider asking if you can make a point of logging on to the forum sometime - I'd suggest say from 5pm to 7pm... (all times are BST, which = GMT/UTC +1hour)

(PS Dr Who is on at 7pm that day - the penultimate episode for this series !!)

I'd dearly love to break the record for the most members online at once....I'm sure we can do better than the 64 who were online on 6th Dec 2006....and I'll even consider banning "Google's" IP address for that time, just so that it's real!!!.

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I'll not vote yet as I can  be on any time or all day if required, but I'll add to the vote if needed when others have voted.

Martini Frog.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I'll not vote either but will guarantee I'll login during whichever hour wins it :D
Timby

Post by Timby »

Hi Tim, as its a Saturday it won't matter too much to me either, just let me know what time to log in and I will be there!!

If I had a choice it would be a later slot as the little man will be in bed by 2030.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Timby wrote:Hi Tim, as its a Saturday it won't matter too much to me either, just let me know what time to log in and I will be there!!

If I had a choice it would be a later slot as the little man will be in bed by 2030.

Huh? You zip your trousers up at 20:30 every night?  :roll:

Perv
Timby

Post by Timby »

Huh? You zip your trousers up at 20:30 every night?  Rolling Eyes

Perv
No not that one!! the other one who's 4.5 silly  Image
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Timby wrote:
Huh? You zip your trousers up at 20:30 every night?  Rolling Eyes

Perv
No not that one!! the other one who's 4.5 silly  Image

4.5? Rockinfroggi bites his tongue :?

OUCH
Timby

Post by Timby »

Years not inches  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how that mind works sometimes  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:Years not inches  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there was me thinking metric.....! (i.e. centimetres !!)

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Timby wrote:Years not inches  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there was me thinking metric.....! (i.e. centimetres !!)

regards

Tim

There was me biting my tongue thinking I'd get a slap on the wrist and who should say it for me? pfffttttt

You wanna be careful Tim, that Moderator Halifax is back on the prowl  :wink:

Sore tongued Frog
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:No not that one!! the other one who's 4.5 silly  Image
It might have helped if you typed 4 followed by ALT-171, which makes it 4½ !!!!!  8)

(There's plenty of ALT-(number pad) short-cuts.....

eg: ALT-172 = ¼,
ALT-178 = ▓

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've voted for after 9pm as I know I'll be able to stay logged on with no interuptions after that time. But, as others have said, if another time slot wins I'll make every effort to be here! :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:I've voted for after 9pm as I know I'll be able to stay logged on with no interuptions after that time. But, as others have said, if another time slot wins I'll make every effort to be here! :D
Of course, if you're busy before 9pm, (and you have broadband) you can always log in before hand...the forum doesn't "time out" if you are inactive....

regards,

Tim
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

I'll ensure i'm logged on captain :)
And i'll go with the flow stay on all day even :wink:
david

Post by david »

No problem i am happy to be on any time just let me know,however being in Australia once i run out of fingers to count the time difference i'm in trouble
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

david wrote:No problem i am happy to be on any time just let me know,however being in Australia once i run out of fingers to count the time difference i'm in trouble
mate, 7-9pm here is gonna be 4-6am in Oz :shock:
thats commitment :thumbup:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

david wrote:No problem i am happy to be on any time just let me know,however being in Australia once i run out of fingers to count the time difference i'm in trouble

Don't you have toes? I just remove my socks and use them when I run short of fingers.

Just a suggestion  :oops:

Fingers Alone
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

I'd definately make an effort to be there on that day...hey its a special day you just gotta do it.

Just have to make some allowances for time since I'm living in Canada heh
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

That's OK - Newcastle in Aus is on UTC +10 (AEST) time or UTC +11 (AEDT), depending on when "summer time" starts down there.

So, Saturday 5pm BST = 6pm UTC, which I think is Sunday 4am AEST or 5am AEDT.

Looks like a very early start for you but only if you are around at the start of the bash.....maybe we can all come around to your place for breakfast...?

Maybe you can log in on Saturday night (your time) and leave your PC on (crunching???)....as long as you're on broadband  :wink:

regards

Tim
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

As "`er in doors" insists we go out every  Saturday, even if ww 3 breaks out, my times are limited. If Mrs. H deems the chosen time not to her liking, I`ll just log on before I go out, and log out when I get back.
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

For me between 5 and 7 is best as there's sod all on telly at that time on a Saturday and I'll be getting all and impatient and excited waiting for Doctor Who.  7-8 - even though it's the most popular time according to the poll - for me is a definite resounding No-no !!!

Sad, I know, working my social life around a TV show - but it IS Doctor Who!  :shock:

Oh, and I've just remembered, we've got a wedding ceilidh to go to after that.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Totally agree, Janea, I think we spend enough time saving the world to at least be allowed to watch Dr Who!! 8)  :D  :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Janea wrote:Oh, and I've just remembered, we've got a wedding ceilidh to go to after that.
Whats one of them then Image
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Janea wrote:......I'll be getting all and impatient and excited waiting for Doctor Who.  7-8 - even though it's the most popular time according to the poll - for me is a definite resounding No-no !!!.......
While I too will be glad to see the Doctor saving us (again) from all these weird aliens, I would like to mention that there are two other options open to you:

1) tape it on your VCR or Sky+ box
or:
2) watch the repeat on BBC 3 the next day !

So, why should Dr Who take a back seat?.....coz some of the specially invited VIP guests may be making an appearance in our chat room, that's why.  :shock:

And these may be "once in a lifetime, non repeatable" appearances....

And you really will kick yourself, if you  missed the opportunity to hear what they have to say, or even to pose them a question concerning their project!!!

regards

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:
UBT - Janea wrote:Oh, and I've just remembered, we've got a wedding ceilidh to go to after that.
A "cielidh" is an traditional Gaelic dance "event" where people go to have a "good time" and meet other people and drink copious amounts of alcohol and be merry. (It can also be a party...!!!).

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Temujin wrote:
As Timbo said, it's Irish for 'P*ss-Up'! :D  :D

Dr Who always goes on the Sky+ (as does Dr Who Confidential on BBC3 straight after) but I usually watch it 'live' as well. But this time I will make a point of being here for the Special Guest! 8)  8)
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

Hi all.  I'm down to work that day but will try to make it for the last half hour.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

DR WHO DR bloomin WHO, I remember watching it as a kid and many years ago I worked for a year in Television Scenery For Ackland Snow and we used to make the Dr Who sets for the BBC.

But what is the fascination with DR Who now? I always thought it was for kids but I'm obviously missing something here, not that I'm much of a TV watcher anyway.

Who's that Frog.
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

Ye gods, you don't watch Dr Who??  OK so Billie Piper has left but it's still great to watch.  It's aimed now at a much older audiance, give it a whirl Froggi.
Timby

Post by Timby »

I say bring back Blake's 7  A superb wobbly setted sci fi series, had some good actors as well.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

ghosttrain wrote:Ye gods, you don't watch Dr Who??  OK so Billie Piper has left but it's still great to watch.  It's aimed now at a much older audiance, give it a whirl Froggi.
In the interest of science and in the hope it may benefit Frog kind I shall do my best to look out for it and see what all the fuss is about.

Cyberfrog.
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

Temujin wrote:
Well as we're all Morris dancers - including the bride and groom (the ones with black faces, BIG sticks and making loads of noise - not the hanky wavers) it's a big dance with a live folk band and a dance caller, so there'll be loads of country dancing, food and of course alcoholic beverages.

And we will be Sky +'ing  Doctor Who - that's a given - but as others have said, we like to watch it live too.  Looks like I will be multi-tasking somewhat that evening!
Naon

Post by Naon »

I will be there all day.... With a case of beer.... (24 bottles of them) I think i could last all day if i space them every hour.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Naon wrote:I will be there all day.... With a case of beer.... (24 bottles of them) I think i could last all day if i space them every hour.
I'd give a thought to toilet arrangements as well, those 24 bottles of beer won't stay in there for long!! :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

By 'eck....

Was this a practise run?

Most users ever online was 130 on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:34 am

I think we should be told....

regards,

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Timbo wrote:By 'eck....

Was this a practise run?

Most users ever online was 130 on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:34 am

I think we should be told....

regards,

Tim
I think that was the 2nd practice as there was a 90 odd during the week. I think it said there were 75 guests that time.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Darren

Post by Darren »

It's Yahoo crawling on the site.
Most search engines use the same ip address to crawl with, so you can have 50 google spiders on the site seen as one guest.
Yahoo uses different ip addresses for all of the spiders so they are seen as multiple guests!
This messing up the most users thing. If it needs to be reset to 0 I am sure I can do it!
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Insomniac crunchers? :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

BUMP

Just a gentle reminder peeps....130 is the number we'd like to exceed sometime today!!

Every little helps !

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Looks like we missed beating the record somehow on 23rd June...

But what's this all about:
Most users ever online was 158 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:29 am
Who was around at that time???

I think we should be told !

regards,

Tim