WebTrak - watch planes land and take-off from Stansted !!

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

WebTrak - watch planes land and take-off from Stansted !!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Want to watch planes landing and taking off from Stansted (via the 'net)?

The following site requires an Adobe SVG viewer plug-in, but then you can watch the air-traffic movements over London Stansted airport....

http://stn.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html

Beats watching paint dry !!

regards,

Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I could track them I suppose but easier for me just to look out of the window :!:
Naon

Post by Naon »

do you think that this program is used aswell for tracking birds or whales.

dose anybody know any sites i could visit....  ? :roll:

For a bit of lazy bird watching ....
Last edited by Naon on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I live just down the road from Heathrow, though luckily not on the flight path.

I used to live down Hatton Road almost at the end of the runway right next to the field the IRA fired off their failed mortar attack.

When Concorde came over, the whole house used to shake rattle and roll and it was that close you could almost wave at the pilot. I must say it was a beautiful sight when it was dark and you could see blue flames coming from the engines.

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:I live just down the road from Heathrow, though luckily not on the flight path.

I used to live down Hatton Road almost at the end of the runway right next to the field the IRA fired off their failed mortar attack.

When Concorde came over, the whole house used to shake rattle and roll and it was that close you could almost wave at the pilot. I must say it was a beautiful sight when it was dark and you could see blue flames coming from the engines.

Gary.
Hi Gary,

I did a hi-fi show at one of the hotels on Bath Road, Heathrow and one sunny Sunday early evening, having packed up, I was in my car (with the sunroof open), and travelling towards the J13 of the M25 via the Northern Perimeter Road.

There's a short stretch of dual carriageway, linking the NPR to J13, which just happens to be at the end of one of the runways. Just as we came round the roundabout, we heard a faint engine roar behind us, and within seconds, Concorde flew straight over our heads at probably no more than 100 feet.....

The noise was incredibly loud....! Gawd knows how many dB of "noise" we were subjected to.......?

And within seconds, it was a tiny blip on the horizon, with huge clouds of dark exhaust fumes, trailing behind it.....

Never forgotten and still brings a smile to my face thinking of it...!

regards

Tim
Gary

Post by Gary »

think this pilot needs a refresher course !
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Gary wrote:think this pilot needs a refresher course !
Glad I wasn't on board when that happened  :!: