UBT Birthday - Chat room attendees

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UBT Birthday - Chat room attendees

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

This is the list of VIP attendees who visited our Birthday Chat Room party - many thanks to all who attended - a transcript of the "chat" will follow in due course.

Saturday 23rd June 2007

Dr David P. Anderson (BOINC Project director, architect, and developer)
James Dorsey - (Project Admin, APS@home)
bryan[RS] - (Project Admin, Riesel Sieve)

(last updated: 9am 25th June)

(Please note: As with any event of this nature, some things are outside the control of attendees, and hence please do not be too disappointed if timings and attendance does not go according to plan....)

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

BUMP !!

Please read the top posting update (as of 18th June)!!

Other attendees to be confirmed in due course.

Get your party hats ready !

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

BUMP

OK, no further emails have come in confirming particular attendance for today or tomorrow.

However, I did send out, in the early hours, a reminder to BOINC project dev's and admin's about the online chat - it's possible that the draw of having Dr A in attendance tonight, might well have sparked some interest already...!

We've already got new forum members who've joined today (who may have joined just for a chat) and I'm hopeful that nearer the time, more may register.....

Of course if anyone want to just "view" the chat, without actually joining in, then they must register first....

We'll be logging the chat room "conversation" and once over, then we'll make this available online, for people to browse at their leisure.

So, start thinking up some questions - I've already got a few - as I'd like to think that we can generate some good interest in BOINC as well as perhaps seeing what direction it will take in the years to come.

One of my personal concerns is about climate change - both from a project perspective (such as CPDN, SAP and BBC CCE) as well as from a members perspective, in terms of using computers 24/7 just for BOINC.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

BUMP !!

Dr David Anderson is IN THE HOUSE !!

Visit our chat room NOW

regards,

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Re: UBT Birthday - Chat room attendees

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi all,

This list of VIP attendees to the Birthday Chat Room party will be updated as and when new specially invited guests advise us as to their availability.

Date & Time:
Saturday 23rd June 2007
Rockinfroggi (PITA)
7pm-8pm - Dr David P. Anderson (BOINC Project director, architect, and developer)
Sunday 24th June 2007
.Rockinfroggi (PITA)

(last updated: 5:20pm 23rd June)

(Please note: As with any event of this nature, some things are outside the control of attendees, and hence please do not be too disappointed if timings and attendance does not go according to plan....)

regards,

Tim
:shock:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Re: UBT Birthday - Chat room attendees

Post by melter65 »

Rockinfroggi wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi all,

This list of VIP attendees to the Birthday Chat Room party will be updated as and when new specially invited guests advise us as to their availability.

Date & Time:
Saturday 23rd June 2007
Rockinfroggi (PITA)
7pm-8pm - Dr David P. Anderson (BOINC Project director, architect, and developer)
Sunday 24th June 2007
.Rockinfroggi (PITA)

(last updated: 5:20pm 23rd June)

regards,

Tim
:shock:
I don't see this, but it would be worth logging on for! :occasion9:

Starstruck Froggi :toothy1: