OcUK now classified as UK on SETI stats

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Halifax-lad

OcUK now classified as UK on SETI stats

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Anyone noticed this

OcUK - 94,097,361.02 credits, got to be a mix up with the stats considering April 2007 report puts us in 1st Place with 28,421,086.32. No way has 65,676,274.70 credits been crunched in 14 days :shock:
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Mon May 14, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Or have they always had this amount of credit, and just been listed as not in the UK :?
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

You could be right, cannot remember which project it was but I know I have seen a clear Uk team down as international.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Or have they always had this amount of credit, and just been listed as not in the UK :?
They've been listed as "International" for some time.

Knowing the way the BOINCstats works though, some teams appear in the UK charts and then later, they go back to being International....

A number of teams have done this, including:

TeamMacNN
Phoenix Rising
BOINC UK

Really depends if OcUK are starting a "fight back", given that we are actually catching up with them...and as we know, being #1 in the UK gives a team "gravitas", which usually makes more people join them.

Let's see over the next day or two if they revert.

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon May 14, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Nope its not just BOINCstats, its all stats sites including our catching stats, that just so happen to work off the nationallity of a team direct from each project

So looks like they have finally set themselves to UK, may the long hard slog begin :roll:

right so anyone got a spare 65 million credits :lol:

Not too bothered really its another challenge to overcome, would get boring if it was the same all the time
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Nope its not just BOINCstats, its all stats sites including our catching stats, that just so happen to work off the nationallity of a team direct from each project

So looks like they have finally set themselves to UK, may the long hard slog begin :roll:

right so anyone got a spare 65 million credits :lol:

Not too bothered really its another challenge to overcome, would get boring if it was the same all the time

Hmmm....interesting.

<Edited - Had thought of experimenting to see what happened if I changed UBT to an International Team on SETI - but this has NOT been done - see next message for why ! >

Have now taken a look at OcUK on SETI, and indeed this now shows them as a UK team !!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon May 14, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

As already stated above by me its been set at the project level (SETI@Home). So its nothing to do with how stats sites work or due to any other project, other than it been changed by the founder on SETI to UK instead of international

That is confirmed by looking here
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:As already stated above by me its been set at the project level (SETI@Home). So its nothing to do with how stats sites work or due to any other project, other than it been changed by the founder on SETI to UK instead of international

That is confirmed by looking here
Yup - just thought of that and had edited my above posting to reflect this... :oops:

Even so, we'll have to see if this change (of theirs) is permanent.

regards,

Tim

PPS Will change UBT back to UK on SETI, as that part of "experiment" is redundant now !
UBT - Halifax-lad

I dunno what do we feed these team founders with :?:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I dunno what do we feed these team founders with :?:
Feed me?

I dream of being fed ! (as I don't eat much usually.........hence my trim and desireable figure  :wink: )

Now, what would it be? ...some Plain Chocolate Hobnobs please, plus some Hobnob Creams and then maybe some Milk Chocolate Hobnobs for afters.  :oops:

Luvly jubly !

regards
Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Think I ate all the hobnobs, none left now :wink:

At this rate it will be a few years (2-3 :?: ) before we catch up with them, but I suppose things can happen, they may or may not go back to international status, we may get lots more members etc etc

For now I know I'm not too worried, plenty other projects for us to focus on whilst the gap in SETI catches up
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I dunno what do we feed these team founders with :?:

Please do not feed the animals it can turn them from this Image to this Image

Zoo keeper.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:......At this rate it will be a few years (2-3 :?: ) before we catch up with them, but I suppose things can happen, they may or may not go back to international status, we may get lots more members etc etc

For now I know I'm not too worried, plenty other projects for us to focus on whilst the gap in SETI catches up
I looked at the CPDN stats while I was over there, posting a message, and it seems OcUK are now a UK team on CPDN project as well.

So, one asumes that they are "taking up the cudgel" and have at last started to take notice of UBT....and assuming that each of the projects their team crunches for, also becomes UK (not sure if the BOINC "mechanism" does this automatically, or if every project has to be changed manually).

Either way, the last UK team who "noticed us" were passed soon enough !!

We might have a long way to go to pass them on SETI and maybe some of the other projects....

But at least we now have a REAL competitor...!

Onward and upwards !

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Mon May 14, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Give it a week or so for all the stats sites to catch up with any changes, then we can look at where we stand :wink:

Edit: Don't think any other changes will affect us
UBT - Halifax-lad

Yup defiantly been set to UK, so like we already said gives us something else to aim for now

On a similar note has any one here thrown their toys out of the pram due to this :?:  :wink:
Darren

Post by Darren »

This gives us a good target for a lot of projects anyway.

It might take a while to pass them on SETI but lets hope these put up a bit more of a stuggle than some of the other teams we have passed.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Well it would seem they have set it back to None for now, so pushes us back up to 1st place again until they change it back over again of course :roll: