Account managers

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
ghosttrain

Account managers

Post by ghosttrain »

As I have said, I'm new to BOINC.  Was trawling through stuff and found reference to account managers, namely Gridrepublic and Boincstats.

Are they worth having?  
Do they help control non boinc projects?
Will I ever get the rent off of my daughter?
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I use BAM myself and find it invaluable as I can attach all my systems to new projects from one page, it also sets global preferences so you don't have to set all that up every time you join a new project, but also you can override it if you want to allocate more resources to individual projects.

Which non Boinc projects do you run? if you head over to http://www.boincstats.com/bam/ you'll see all the projects BAM supports.

Some people love it some hate it but from what I've read so far it seems to be the most popular Account Manager.

As for your daughter paying her rent, I don't have a daughter but as a child I grew up in a house of 5 women (hand me downs were a nightmare)   :shock:  
I'd say your chances are pretty much zero :?

Gary.
Last edited by Rockinfroggi on Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I have 2 machines, 1 attached to 1 project 24/7 and another attached to over 20. For the second machine I use BAM.

It is excellent for many projects. It signs you up so you don't have to sign up and change your name at each site, you can change your preference for ALL projects from one page, attach, detach, change passwords and info, everything!

Keeping on top of over 20 prjects manually would be a nightmare without it.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I use BAM!, its alot more advanced than the other offering

The developer also keeps users notified of any changes made to BAM! this is very useful in its self

for changes made to BAM! so far see this thread

I particularly like the latest development
Added 'No new work' and 'Detach when work done' to the host options. You can find it on the host account page. This only works with 5.8.16 and above. 5.8.16 doesn't show a message on the project page (in the manager) that it detach, 5.9.x does.
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

thanks, I'll give it a go
Naon

Post by Naon »

I was using GridRepublic until team members suggested using BAM. I am like you, a beginner in BOINC. Using BAM has been great, i could ask questions in their forum if i needed to know anything.

I am only using one machine at the mo, but building another to add to the grinder and i have never done that before, i suppose using BAM accross the two hosts will be easy.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Naon wrote:I was using GridRepublic until team members suggested using BAM. I am like you, a beginner in BOINC. Using BAM has been great, i could ask questions in their forum if i needed to know anything.

I am only using one machine at the mo, but building another to add to the grinder and i have never done that before, i suppose using BAM accross the two hosts will be easy.
Forgot to say that at least with BAM! you are able to communicate with other is the forums over there, its easy to get in contact with people to help too

Yes adding a new host will be easy enough to do with BAM!