Laptop - Thinking of buying this...

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Laptop - Thinking of buying this...

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Looking to buy this laptop from Dabs.com
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

What are you going to use it for? As a desktop and main computer to replace your current Sempron? Just for when you're out and about? surfing UBT forum in bed? :P
UBT - Halifax-lad

Just as a secondary computer really, my one now would probally stay as my main living room one, then laptop for out & about (can do studying then without always having to be at home), forum from bed :oops: & of course BOINC
UBT - Halifax-lad

Also going to upgrade the memory from 1Gb to 2Gb, can get a stick from HP for approx £68 (laptop compatible)
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Looks like it has everything you need, my big mistake with my first laptop was buying the first 16" Vaio, it has a metal lid and weighs a ton so by the time you carried it anywhere you were too tired to use it :?

Gary.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Its something that should keep me going for a good few years on, never does anything energetic apart from BOINC, don't really ever add new software on to my computers once I got what I need.

So long as I upgrade the memory thats all that needs doing really, can't have 2 cores and only 1Gb of memory :shock:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Going to be a bit longer yet, fell out with my bank today, and told the counter wench to shut down my account immediately, so 20 mins later I walked out with it shut down :wink:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

If you need somewhere to keep all your cash I can give you my account details and you could store it there for now  :twisted:

Dirty Little Banker
UBT - Halifax-lad

Rockinfroggi wrote:If you need somewhere to keep all your cash I can give you my account details and you could store it there for now  :twisted:

Dirty Little Banker
Its OK thanks for the kind offer of holding my money :roll:  Got a appointment to open one next Friday, I may not even get a laptop at this moment in time, decided I don't really need one as yet, plus have better things to buy at the moment.

thats the problem with me I impulse buy a lot of the times, its just too easy for me to spend money on the net :P