detached hosts

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
Temujin

detached hosts

Post by Temujin »

Hi all
Thought I should make any seti users aware of a problem that I've had and which appears to be happening to a lot of seti users.

Over the last 5-6 days I've had about 10 of my hosts apparently detach and re-attach themselves from seti.
The outcome of this is that most, if not all the WUs I have in my cache fail to be granted credit.
I found this host earlier today and have since reset seti on it, which for me seems to fix the problem.

There have been numerous posts on the seti Number Crunching board about this, see here, here, here and here

so, check those machines chaps, you could be wasting time & money and losing credits :shock:
If you see Client detached in the Outcome column, you need to rectify it (for me that has meant a reset but yours may be different)
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: detached hosts

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Looks like quite a problem over there, glad I had cut back on SETI for the last few days while doing Nano. None have detached so far for me but as one of threads you linked to mentions some of the wu's have pretty short deadlines so you need to watch out if you do not connect to the internet very often (got used to that with WCG re-issues).
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: detached hosts

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Hi all
Thought I should make any seti users aware of a problem that I've had and which appears to be happening to a lot of seti users......
I guess this issue might be due to the server changes that are on going, or else the change in the quorum....

Note to all SETI admins....

If it ain't broke....don't fix it......

regards

Tim