CPID

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Rockinfroggi

CPID

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Why would my CPID on PrimeGrid suddenly change? This morning everything was ok and on checking Temujins stats I was about 191 on the team, now I look and my CPID has changed and I'm down to #398 on the team.

All projects have the same user name and email address?

Gary.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

???
You're still there at #192
and Primegrid has the same CPID as your other projects
dunno what you're seen but it all looks ok as of 17:24
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:???
You're still there at #192
and Primegrid has the same CPID as your other projects
dunno what you're seen but it all looks ok as of 17:24

In the time it took me to check all my other accounts it's gone back to normal, either I'm going mad, I am mad?, I'm seeing things or there is a ghost in my system.
Thanks for looking anyway John I should have taken a screen shot to prove I have not been sniffing anything.

Gary.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it could've been just a timing thing especially as you were looking at the combined page.
My stats update each project in turn, this takes about 5 minutes usually.
For each project, it breaks that projects CPID link, processes the project and recreates the CPID link for each user it processes.
Once all the projects are done, it then makes up the combined pages, project by project.
Its possible that you just happened to look while the CPID link was broken.
You can tell which project is being processed because the "active project" highlighting disappears while its being done.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Temujin wrote:it could've been just a timing thing especially as you were looking at the combined page.
My stats update each project in turn, this takes about 5 minutes usually.
For each project, it breaks that projects CPID link, processes the project and recreates the CPID link for each user it processes.
Once all the projects are done, it then makes up the combined pages, project by project.
Its possible that you just happened to look while the CPID link was broken.
You can tell which project is being processed because the "active project" highlighting disappears while its being done.

Thanks for the explanation John, that could well be what happened, guess I should learn to take a deep breath and count to ten before I get on the fog horn and scream for my mummy :oops:

Impatient reptile
spiyda

Post by spiyda »

I don't understand this either ..

as of this moment,
the CPID on my Einstein account is not the same as my other projects.

When I look at John's stats, I have two different entries, one at position 99 and one at position 776, the lower position has Einstein numbers, but yesterday it also had the Set@home numbers.

The Name email and Password are the same for all accounts.

This morning, all projects were showing on Johns stats on the same line..

I know I had an extra space in the name when I created the Einstein account, but that was fixed some time ago..  

It doesn't make sense to me..

I thought the CPID was calculated from the email address and the username, if they are the same, the CPID should be the same...  but it's not !

:(
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

It does happen from time to time, I had exactly the same issue a few months ago.
The CPID changed on a couple of projects, then a couple more moved to the new CPID, the last couple took over a week to change over also.

Does make for some odd reading on the stats my best five results are now ->

2007-01-05   22,373
2007-01-11   11,496
2007-02-06   9,948
2007-01-08   7,811
2007-03-11   6,719

Wish I could get these sort of daily results every day :P
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Only email has to be the same across all projects, it also helps to crunch at least 1 WU from each of your projects quite often
spiyda

Post by spiyda »

I still don't get it,

my CPID for Einstein keeps changing, one minute it's the same as my other projects, the next it is different.. (maybe changing once or twice a day) then it changes back again..  

Email is identical, username is identical too...

the upshot is that the stats alternately show me as one or two users !

I wonder if it's a bug somewhere..  

the other thing that changes on an almost daily basis, is the case of my username..    one minute it's UBT - Spiyda,  the next it's  ubt - spiyda    

Chris
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

spiyda wrote:I still don't get it,

my CPID for Einstein keeps changing, one minute it's the same as my other projects, the next it is different.. (maybe changing once or twice a day) then it changes back again.. ......the other thing that changes on an almost daily basis, is the case of my username..    one minute it's UBT - Spiyda,  the next it's  ubt - spiyda
Chris,

If you look here, you'll see that you may have registered under different projects with your username in 2 different case "forms". So, they are NOT identical..... :shock:

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/index ... earchteam=

Einstein and XtrmeLabs have you as "UBT - Spiyda"

and SETI, CPDN, BBC CCE, AP and uFluids have you as "ubt - spiyda".

So, edit one "set" of usernames and it might then settle down !!

regards

Tim
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Usernames do not need to be identical, just email addresses
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Usernames do not need to be identical, just email addresses
Absolutely right.

But I wasn't talking about that....more the way that the user name appears to be changing case....

If they were all the same case to start with, then they'd be no apparent change viewable, irrespective of any CPID issues.

So, in a nutshell, there are TWO issues - one is the apparent username changing case which I explained.

The other is the CPID changing, which I cannot answer.

regards,

Tim
spiyda

Post by spiyda »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
So, in a nutshell, there are TWO issues - one is the apparent username changing case which I explained.

The other is the CPID changing, which I cannot answer.
Hmnn   thats kind of what i thought..  

actually I am 99.999 % sure (nothing in this world is 100%), I signed up to all with UBT - Spiyda, but I missed a space before the hyphen on one, but edited it subsequently.

I noticed that your stats page calls with JavaScript, which is I know is case sensitive, so about 2 or 3 days ago, I wnet through all the accounts and changed the SETI and Einstein accounts (which for some reason had become lower case) back to Upper Case.

At all times, the emails have been correct.

As for the CPID, I notice the Einstein one has changed back to one different to the others again, after being correct this morning..

within a couple of minutes of posting this, I will change all the usenames to  UBT - Spiyda     case

we'll see what happens  :roll:  Chris  (-=Spiyda=-)

.....  Update...   I changed uFluids and Seasonal back to the correct case,  Updated all projects and
the Cases of the Usernames are the same ,
all the emails are the same and
all CPIDs shown in the account info are all the same at the moment, (starting with '11a')
except for BBC in which the case is wrong bhut which I will leave for now..  
I have uploaded an image of part of my Boinc manager showing the Username case  to
www.spiyda.com/temp/Case.gif  
this was taken 10 minutes after updating projects....

I will check tomorrow and see what happens !
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

spiyda wrote:Hmnn   thats kind of what i thought..  

actually I am 99.999 % sure (nothing in this world is 100%), I signed up to all with UBT - Spiyda, but I missed a space before the hyphen on one, but edited it subsequently.
It's quite possible that one or more projects have changed the case, either as a result of server upgrades or even changes in the back-office hardware (or software) that they use...so, there might be issues. Having said that, I also use upper and lower case and I've not had any such issues in all my times as a BOINC member.... 8)
spiyda wrote:I noticed that your stats page calls with JavaScript, which is I know is case sensitive, so about 2 or 3 days ago, I wnet through all the accounts and changed the SETI and Einstein accounts (which for some reason had become lower case) back to Upper Case.
Good...just need the relevant stats websites to update themselves and then the "case" issue should be cleared up...!
spiyda wrote:At all times, the emails have been correct.
Good - that'll help (the CPID issue).
spiyda wrote:As for the CPID, I notice the Einstein one has changed back to one different to the others again, after being correct this morning..
Might be worth pinging an email to the admins at the Einstein project and see what they are up to....by the by, do you use BAM? (I had issues with the early version of BAM, which cocked me up no end....it might still have "teething troubles" with some member accounts)
spiyda wrote:within a couple of minutes of posting this, I will change all the usenames to  UBT - Spiyda     case

we'll see what happens  :roll:  Chris  (-=Spiyda=-)

.....  Update...   I changed uFluids and Seasonal back to the correct case,  Updated all projects and
the Cases of the Usernames are the same ,
all the emails are the same and
all CPIDs shown in the account info are all the same at the moment, (starting with '11a')
except for BBC in which the case is wrong bhut which I will leave for now..  
I have uploaded an image of part of my Boinc manager showing the Username case  to www.spiyda.com/temp/Case.gif  
this was taken 10 minutes after updating projects....

It might take a little longer - depends on when the projects update their XML's and then how long it takes for the stats sites to update as well....see what happens by maybe the weekend...!

regards

Tim
spiyda

Post by spiyda »

spiyda wrote:
Seems to have settled down now