Project for Mini Crunch 23rd March - 25th March

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Project for Mini Crunch 23rd March - 25th March

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Xtremlab won the vote for the next crunch, WUs are nice & short approx 10 Min's in length, most computers can run Xtremlab with the exception of:
We currently support Linux and most Windows versions (but not Windows ME or 9*).
As it stands overall we are 2,873,950 behind the team that likes to cheat, whereas with RAC we are only 249 behind. Hopefully the best thing to come from this will be for UBT to get a higher RAC than BOINC@Hull and to maintain this so that in the future (a long time away) we can sail past them.

So team be ready to start Xtremlab soon......
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Forgot to say anyone who can't run it or doesn't want to run it then just feel free to run any other project
UBT - Halifax-lad

Don't forget about the crunch on Friday people going all the way through until Sunday
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Bugger missed this one  :evil: - Been busy moving though, so I'll excuse myself, spose I can get a few hrs in tonight and leave Xtreme running for a few days more, better late than never  :?
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:bogger missed this one  :evil: - Been busy moving though, so I'll excuse myself, spose I can get a few hrs in tonight and leave Xtreme running for a few days more, better late than never  :?
Never mind just be sure to be ready for the next one instead
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I'll consider myself told off  :oops:
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

I missed it too.  We tried upgrading the PC but my husband buggered up the processor so I've been 'puter-less until Sat pm and then I spent too much time getting rid of spam and playing games and not enough time on this forum checking for crunches!  Still managed to get a few XtremeLabs done anyway.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

If you missed the Crunch, it's not the end of the world.... :wink:

The whole point of doing the Crunch is to make people feel part of the Team and to know that, over the said period, there are lots of other Team members all doing exactly the same thing....

And collectively, our crunching power is now helping the BOINC projects realise their dreams....and we can feel proud of that....

Already, we have the highest RAC of ANY UK team...and in the not too distant future, we will be the #1 UK Team...

So, if you weren't able to take part, it's no problem....there'll be another one along pretty soon...

regards

Tim