Core 2 Duo and Quad PRICE REDUCTIONS

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
DJH@GB-Ro

Core 2 Duo and Quad PRICE REDUCTIONS

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I thought I'd post this just in case anyone is thinking of getting a C2D or C2Q.

As you can see, there we be some substantial price reductions  :shock:
First of these will be on the 22nd of April

The E6400 and E6300 will be replaced by E6420 and E6320 which will have double the L2 cache at 4MB.

I can't believe the Core 2 Quad 6600 will only be $266 by Q3! That means you will be able to get a Q6600 for the less than the current price of an E6600 wow :shock:

There will be a Q6300 and Q6400 too in Q3.

http://www.behardware.com/news/8654/cor ... in-q3.html
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Core 2 Duo and Quad PRICE REDUCTIONS

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I thought I'd post this just in case anyone is thinking of getting a C2D or C2Q.

Blast....I was hoping to re-equip before the end of THIS tax year....just so I can offset some asset costs against profit..... 8)

Mind you I can still get a couple of Quad-ready mobo's before hand....anyone got any fav's? I was looking at the Gigabyte 965-DQ6

Saves having to give the tax to G Brown and his cohorts...!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I thought I'd post this just in case anyone is thinking of getting a C2D or C2Q.

Blast....I was hoping to re-equip before the end of THIS tax year....just so I can offset some asset costs against profit..... 8)

Mind you I can still get a couple of Quad-ready mobo's before hand....anyone got any fav's? I was looking at the Gigabyte 965-DQ6

Saves having to give the tax to G Brown and his cohorts...!

regards

Tim
Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP has good reviews and is meant to be one of the best over clockers.

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP has good reviews and is meant to be one of the best over clockers.

Gary.

Yup, had seen that type....but had seen a few different P5B's and was getting confused by the different versions.

And initially it didn't look like it was "Quad-ready".

regards

Tim
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

All the P5Bs are Quad ready (with the exception of P5B-MX/WiFi-AP), even just the P5B (check out as www.asus.com) . The one Gary mentioned is the best of the P5Bs and they are the favourite of the silent pc community
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

We just bought 3 Quad Core 1.6 for work.  I have one running BOINC for testing it before it goes live.  Its RAC is pretty good.

GenuineIntel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5310 @ 1.60GHz [x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7] [fpu tsc pae sse sse2 mmx] Microsoft Windows Server 2003 "R2"
Enterprise Server Edition, Service Pack 2, (05.02.3790.00)