Problem getting work while running BBC

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
GaryM

Problem getting work while running BBC

Post by GaryM »

I signed up for the BBC Climate experiment. For some reason the program kept crashing on my WinXP PC, so I only have it running on my Fedora Core one. Things were fine, but when I checked back today only the BBC one appears on the work list, ie no other projects are doing any work. I checked my BOINC prefs and I have allocated *far* more disk space than BBC needs, so I don't think that is the problem. Any suggestions?
Temujin

Re: Problem getting work while running BBC

Post by Temujin »

The Seti project isn't issuing any work at the moment, they've got problems again (would probably affect SetiBeta too).
I don't know about the other projects though
Last edited by Temujin on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its the long term debt (LTD) for your BOINC projects, it will even out soon and download some more work
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Its the long term debt (LTD) for your BOINC projects, it will even out soon and download some more work
Thanks, I didn't understand the bit about LTD, but if it is normal and will sort itself out then that's fine.

Edit: Looked up LTD on the Wiki.