For all you car lovers

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
Rockinfroggi

For all you car lovers

Post by Rockinfroggi »

About 4 or 5 miles away from me.
Motorists near Chertsey in Surrey may have witnessed the world's costliest car crash.

One of the vehicles involved was an £840,000 eight-litre Bugatti Veyron, the world's most expensive and fastest street-legal car.

The incident happened in heavy rain at around 3pm on Sunday on a 40mph section of the B375.

It is understood that the hand-crafted Veyron - which has a top speed in excess of 250mph - went out of control while doing about 100mph.

The supercar collided with a Vauxhall Astra before crashing into trees on a roadside bank.

Police said the Bugatti's male driver, who was with a younger male passenger, was reported by officers for driving without due care and attention.

Pictures of the damaged Veyron - thought to be one of only about 12 in Britain - displaying its badly damaged front end were taken by a passer-by and sent to The Sun newspaper.

Insurers are now deciding whether the car is repairable or whether in fact it will be a contender for the most costly write-off in history.

The 1,000 horsepower Bugatti - which can do 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds - is owned by a businessman in his forties who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers, it was reported.

It is claimed the vehicle was being rented to the driver for £20,000 a day. Nick Lancaster, chief executive of dealer HR Owen, which sold the car, told The Sun: "It is the first Veyron I have heard of being damaged. We cannot say yet whether it is written off or not.''
I'll stick to my Zimmer frame.

Gary.
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

Ouch!!!!!  :shock:

And I'm moaning because I've had to spend out £800 so far this year on things for my car including 3 MOT tests and an ECU and a flipping Oxygen sensor (not Tesco, but BP Ulitimate Unleaded - be warned).  And I've not been able to drive it all this time   :evil:

Why can't I meet a man who can afford to rent a car for a day at four times the price I paid for my car ?  

I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind if I had a lover who could rent a Veyron for me to run around in.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Janea wrote: Why can't I meet a man who can afford to rent a car for a day at four times the price I paid for my car ?  

I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind if I had a lover who could rent a Veyron for me to run around in.

What colour did you want? :wink:

Lord Frogchild.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image  Thank God that happened out side my area, don't fancy trying to get an approved repairer to take that sort of repair on
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Slightly more than a bent bumper

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm
Nothing a bit of T-Cut can't fix. :)
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

thats only a light front ender, probably won't even need any jig work - 1 Bonnet - 2 Wings - 1 Bumper - 1 Front X-member - maybe a wishbone a rad and a track control arm - a few clips and bits - paint - fixed in about 3-4 weeks
Gary

Post by Gary »

Couple of dabs of p38, sorted.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I'd go the whole hog and use P40 with newspaper backing :lol:  :lol: