Splinter Cell

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
bosh

Splinter Cell

Post by bosh »

I have formed a break away faction, due to ideological difference with the UK Boinc Team.

http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team_gr ... ta&id=2298

I can smell your fear.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Thats nice :smilebox:

Splinter cell is a rather ace game, can't wait for it to come out to the Movies
bosh

Post by bosh »

Its that sort of polital rhetoric that caused the rift in the first place
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

(edit) too early in morning, need to open eyes more - removed this entry as it's irrelevant now !
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

ditto

(edit by Tim)
bosh

Post by bosh »

Infidels
UBT - Halifax-lad

bosh wrote:Infidels
You make me laugh :lol: :lol:
bosh

Post by bosh »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
bosh wrote:Infidels
You make me laugh :lol: :lol:
That was the general aim old bean...anyway...i leave you now.....i will return one day to have my vengence.
UBT - Halifax-lad

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu
So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye!
:wave:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bosh wrote:Its that sort of polital rhetoric that caused the rift in the first place

Everyone here is free to join in any discussion, to air their own views and to make decisions based on whatever they like.

However. I've not finished writing the rules and FAQ's for the forum (which need doing), and I'm going to make an executive decison on this post very soon because:

I do not feel that this forum be used by members to be openly promote other BOINC teams, irrespective of what ever reason caused issue (or rift) in the first place.

So, I would respectfully request that you edit your own post and remove the link.

After all, the forum is FREE TO VIEW, before anyone decides to join, so, by definition, one should feel "happy" about any views expressed in the forum, before you join.

It's not so good if you join and then find you do not concur with the forum or one (or more) of it's members. If that happens, then there's no point you continuing your membership here...as clearly you are upset about something !

This forum should be a bit of fun and for people to "develop" some camoraderie, with regards to generating credits for the BOINC projects.

It shouldn't get "personal" and as such, one should always take stock of what has been said, before making assumptions that "someone is out to get you", or they are "having a go". In most cases "tongue in cheek" mode is very much in evidence here and that's a good healthy thing.

Life's too short to be taking things too seriously...!

Over to you "bosh"

regards

Tim
bosh

Post by bosh »

Blue guy its not adverting, its free speech....and now you see to oppress me because my opinion differs from the party line. This is why i have form a splinter cell i cannot live under your totalitarian regime!

Infidel! I don't see the need for such centorship all the units go to the same cause in the end. Feel free to advertise on www.undirected.net.
UBT - Halifax-lad

bosh wrote:Blue guy its not adverting, its free speech....and now you see to oppress me because my opinion differs from the party line
This is a forum for this team and as such we don't want links to other teams posting here, no one is oppressing you.

You are free to chat about anything except posting links to other teams as an advert such as what you have done.

Tim, is right in what he says and most members here will agree with that
bosh

Post by bosh »

Arr i see.....so speech is free aslong as its with the params of the Bourgeoisie Blue man and his followers....and can talk aslong as i don't attack the leadership or condsider altnatives......this is the very definition of Fascist state. What next?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bosh wrote:Blue guy its not adverting, its free speech....and now you see to oppress me because my opinion differs from the party line. This is why i have form a splinter cell i cannot live under your totalitarian regime!

Infidel! I don't see the need for such centorship all the units go to the same cause in the end. Feel free to advertise on......

Yeah - we get the picture !!

OK "bosh" let's play the game properly:

1) Free speech is allowed - so the fact that you have told everyone that you've formed a new team IS allowed.

But putting in a weblink to it IS "ADVERTISING" - why else do you make it easy for people to follow the link to your website ??

And you will be putting in a reciprocal link from there back to here won't you ?? Hmmmm, thought not !

2) I am not oppressing you - you are currently still a member here and the admins have NOT banned you.

But threathening language is not going to win you any friends and if I have to put it to the vote to the members as to whether you will be banned or be censored in any way, then I will....that's NOT a threat but this is a democracy - you don't have to come here and post messages but if you do, I expect them to be polite and responsible.

Anything less just shows you up !

3) All credits do indeed go to the cause and you are to be congratulated for doing so.

But this forum is to support it's own team members. And I do not accept abuse of the facilities provided here free of charge for the members.

A lot of people have put a lot of work into getting this set up and abuse of the priviledge you have been given (to use this forum) will not be accepted if you carry on with your rant....

Either calm down and accept this or go away.

Your choice.

Please respect my opinion in the same way as I respect yours. If we differ then respect that as well.

Then move on with your life.

To all other members witnessing this little episode:
If you wish to carry on this topic, you are free to do so. I am very happy that everyone has the opportunity to express themselves either in support of what the forum is trying to do or in support of whatever "bosh" is talking about. But please do not drag our Team into it - all views expressed must be personal rather than representing anything to do with the team.

regards,

Tim
bosh

Post by bosh »

FREEDOM!!
UBT - Halifax-lad

:spam2:
bosh

Post by bosh »

Arrr SPAM....a good source of nurishment for the Proletariat.
UBT - Steve Taylor

Post by UBT - Steve Taylor »

Bosh may i ask what has upset you so? ive been posting on this forum for a while and I have found everyone without exception freindly and helpful

Am i missing something?
bosh

Post by bosh »

Nah your right stevie boy....it a pleasent bunch of people......just one or two of them and possibly yourself need to chill abit and not talk things so seriously....and not wrap everything up in red tape
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Splinter Cell???? What a S#|^ game tha was, bring on the FarCry