Flotsam & jetsam

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Gary

Flotsam & jetsam

Post by Gary »

Here on the south coast we've recently had some gale force winds coinciding with large tides, seeing how my lucks been lately I thought I'd better check on my boat which is kept on the beach, glad to say its fine although most of the beach has been washed away to within about 6ft of the boat.

Went for walk further along the beach and found 100's of oil covered oranges

plus them little plastic capsules containing toys found in kinder eggs, also covered in oil, the first one I opened contained a SHIP :lol:
loads of smashed bits of wooden pallets too.

Cargo from the Napoli ?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Flotsam & jetsam

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Gary wrote:Here on the south coast we've recently had some gale force winds coinciding with large tides, seeing how my lucks been lately I thought I'd better check on my boat which is kept on the beach, glad to say its fine although most of the beach has been washed away to within about 6ft of the boat.

Went for walk further along the beach and found 100's of oil covered oranges

plus them little plastic capsules containing toys found in kinder eggs, also covered in oil, the first one I opened contained a SHIP :lol:
loads of smashed bits of wooden pallets too.

Cargo from the Napoli ?
Hope you registered anything you found with the "Receiver of Wrecks".... :wink:

"Yes, M'Lord - I found half a box of oranges"

And I heard on the news that the police had recovered two BMW motor-bikes that may have been removed from the beach near the Napoli.

regards

Tim