Poll for Mini Crunch 23rd - 25th March

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Poll for Mini Crunch 23rd - 25th March

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

The theme of the crunch as usual for this year so far is which projects do we need to work on for a #1 spot.

If by any chance "the Gauntlet" happens to come along then the crunch can soon be dropped

I know the current one has not finished just yet a few more hours to go, but might as well give fellow members enough time to get ready for the crunch

Poll open for 10 days

Crunch would be 23rd - 25th March

Its quite a small poll this time around due to various different reasons, some of these are listed below. If any one does want a project adding that I have not included, then send me a message and poll can be altered

Projects worth considering:

CPDN is a climate change project, it is included in the poll, plenty of work available. UBT is currently 4th in UK

Einstein@home a physics project, plenty of work available, so included in the poll. UBT is currently 3rd placed UK Team

PrimeGrid a mathematical project, plenty of work available, UBT is #2 UK Team

QMC@Home is a Quantum Chemistry project, plenty of work available and now fixed credits, this is included in the poll. UBT is #2 UK Team

RCN is a mathematical project, plenty of work available, this is included in the poll. UBT is #2 UK Team

Xtremlab is attempting to improve BOINC, lots of work available so this is included in the poll. UBT is #2 UK Team

Projects not included (reason shown):

B.U.R.P a rendering project that is currently in the process of been revived but not stable enough as yet

BBC CPDN a climate change project that is soon to finish, sometime this year so this is also not included in the poll as there is no way we would get up to the #1 spot

BelgianBeer@home again is really a test project, work is rare so not included in the poll

LHC@home is another physics project but at the moment they are still setting up the servers following a recent server move, so this is not in the poll

Predictor@home is a protein folding project, its currently testing a new version of WU for Linux, Mac & Windows (also lots of errors), so for this reason its not included in the poll

RALPH@home is a test project for Rosetta, it has work every now and then.

SETI Astropulse / Beta has not been included as by the time the crunch starts this will already have been conquered, if the work comes back soon

Don't forget we have the Sneaky Club for any other missions, so feel free to suggest Sneaky Club missions in the relevant forum
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I'm always going to vote for CPDN but XtremLab would be a second choice.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I'm always going to vote for CPDN but XtremLab would be a second choice.
Where have your CPDN pom poms gone :?:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Where have your CPDN pom poms gone :?:
They looked girly  :oops:

ImageImage
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Where have your CPDN pom poms gone :?:
They looked girly  :oops:

ImageImage