BOINC Problem

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
GaryM

BOINC Problem

Post by GaryM »

Since I updated BOINC on my Linux box I've been getting the message "Task xxx exited with zero status but no 'finished' file. If this happens repeatedly you may need to reset the project."

I've had it on multiple projects and I reset them but still got the same error. I removed BOINC, reinstalled it and reattached to the projects but am now getting the error again. Any suggestions? Thanks.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

It can be normal for a few wus to do that so get a few more going and see what happens
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Had exactly this problem myself. The only way I found to solve it was to go back to an earlier version of BOINC ( 5.4.11). All problems then vanished. Must be some issue with the latest version.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Its been reported just need to wait for an answer
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I've gone back to the previous BOINC for now.
UBT - Halifax-lad

As I thought its harmless, will be fine by the next release
Yes, these are bogus (but harmless) messages.
I checked in a change that gets rid of them.
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Must admit I've had that message popping up occasionally for quite a while now, but ignored them as the WUs seemed to carry on just fine and I got all my credits when they completed!  Apathy rules!!!  :wink:
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

I have gone back to 5.8.11 Hope it behaves this time :error:  :angry3:

Have gone back to 5.4.11 again. Every wu showing corrupted - thankfully not true - hours of crunching time wasted until I realised what had happened while I was out :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

I'm getting this with at least 50% of my WU's.  Have updated to 5.8.15 last night in the hope that it would have sorted the problem out, but came down this morning to find that Nanohive repeatedly reported this.   Sometimes they do go on to finish but the majority of times they don't they just loop round and round until I reset.

I lost ALL my Einstein projects this weekend and wasn't able to contribute to the crunch - and I have noticed that I'm NOT getting the credits from this and other projects when it happens.     :x
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

UBT - Janea wrote:I'm getting this with at least 50% of my WUs.  Have updated to 5.8.15 last night in the hope that it would have sorted the problem out, but came down this morning to find that Nanohive repeatedly reported this.   Sometimes they do go on to finish but the majority of times they don't they just loop round and round until I reset.

I lost ALL my Einstein projects this weekend and wasn't able to contribute to the crunch - and I have noticed that I'm NOT getting the credits from this and other projects when it happens.     :x
Hi ya i'm still using 5.8 8 and having no probs at all but did get an e mail from nano but it went into my spam box for some reason, it basically said reset the project to stop the wu's getting stuck or self aborting hope thats any good to you.

Terry