I think this is going to abort.

Section supporting all the various Climate Change projects: CPDN, CPDN Beta, Quake Catcher.
Martle

I think this is going to abort.

Post by Martle »

Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath. I reckon it's going to abort.  :cry:

http://bbc.cpdn.org/graph.php?resultid=669108
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Re: I think this is going to abort.

Post by Jeffers »

Martle wrote:Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath. I reckon it's going to abort.  :cry:

http://bbc.cpdn.org/graph.php?resultid=669108
The link worked fine for me.....
Martle

Post by Martle »

The link is to my model that's slowly turning into an iceworld. These babies are likely to self destruct when they go off the scale.  :roll:
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

My BBC model DID abort.  It appeared to be running smoothly and as I had 3000 hours left to run I decided to stop all other WU's for a week and give it a chance.  I left if running overnight and when I came down the next morning it had disappeared off into the ether.   :dontknow:

I was well cheesed off - especially as there are no more new work units.   :cry:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Janea wrote:My BBC model DID abort.  It appeared to be running smoothly and as I had 3000 hours left to run I decided to stop all other WUs for a week and give it a chance.  I left if running overnight and when I came down the next morning it had disappeared off into the ether.   :dontknow:

I was well cheesed off - especially as there are no more new work units.   :cry:
I'm sorry to her that :( I don't suppose you had a back up
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - Janea wrote:My BBC model DID abort.  It appeared to be running smoothly and as I had 3000 hours left to run I decided to stop all other WUs for a week and give it a chance.  I left if running overnight and when I came down the next morning it had disappeared off into the ether.   :dontknow:

A killer trickle up could have been sent to abort your WU, the BBC server would do that if the model was not performing correctly, so it could possibly be that :?:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:A killer trickle up could have been sent to abort your WU, the BBC server would do that if the model was not performing correctly, so it could possibly be that :?:
Is that standard procedure? Or just because it's nearing the end?
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

When I looked through the Messages there were some error messages and then something which I didn't really understand and that seems to have been that.  

Well I would never had made the deadline anyway unless I kept my PC on 24/7 and ran only that for the next few months.  These larger WU's are great on big servers or networks but don't really work on home PC's like mine if you want to run other projects.  :(
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

My BBC also died and disappeared..
No point in looking for another wu as I know I won't get it, so have gone over to SAP until that dries up as well. :roll: