5.8.15 is due to be the next public release

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Halifax-lad

5.8.15 is due to be the next public release

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

5.8.15 is currently been tested and if all goes well this will be the next public release, it will fix the messages some people were getting regarding WU's exiting with zero status.

Also you no longer need to stop BOINC anymore to upgrade the installer will stop BOINC for you upgrade to new version then launch as normal  8)

Works with Windows anyway don't know about Mac or Linux
DJH@GB-Ro

Re: 5.8.15 is due to be the next public release

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Also you no longer need to stop BOINC anymore to upgrade the installer will stop BOINC for you upgrade to new version then launch as normal  8)
I didn't have to stop BOINC for version 5.8.8 or 5.8.11
UBT - Halifax-lad

Re: 5.8.15 is due to be the next public release

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I didn't have to stop BOINC for version 5.8.8 or 5.8.11
thats because they both have the feature built in, its been tested properly now, as some Windows machines would not let it work
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Do they have sorting columns yet?  :bounce:
UBT - Halifax-lad

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Do they have sorting columns yet?  :bounce:
No its too problematic at the moment, I think that is still a work in progress to try and get the coding right
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Do you know why they stopped versions later than 5.4.11 being able to 'force' new work fetches by suspending individual results? I had to roll back to 5.4.11 in order to fetch some SAP WUs
UBT - Halifax-lad

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Do you know why they stopped versions later than 5.4.11 being able to 'force' new work fetches by suspending individual results? I had to roll back to 5.4.11 in order to fetch some SAP WUs
Pretty sure its the new scheduling / work managment code it was "broken" in all the others but now its been fixed. So its not really been stopped its just BOINC is working the code correctly now. Its to try and stop a user having loads of work that then may come back overdue
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Its to try and stop a user having loads of work that then may come back overdue
It makes sense, it's not often a person needs to stock up due to work running out on a soon to finish project, i.e. SAP.
MikeMarsUK
BOINCSynergy team member

Post by MikeMarsUK »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Its to try and stop a user having loads of work that then may come back overdue
It makes sense, it's not often a person needs to stock up due to work running out on a soon to finish project, i.e. SAP.
The projects aren't keen on people stocking up on work (after all, they want it done ASAP, not stored), but on the other hand us participants like to control what we're running.  Since the standard Boinc is written by project staff .... :-)
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

MikeMarsUK wrote:The projects aren't keen on people stocking up on work (after all, they want it done ASAP, not stored), but on the other hand us participants like to control what we're running.  Since the standard Boinc is written by project staff .... :-)
I'm nice and sensible and only got a number I can crunch well before the deadlines with a 24/7 computer :angel11: . SAP's my favourite project now, pity I only signed up recently and missed its prime  :(
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

That's good news.  I was just going to post about all the problems I've been getting recently where I've been getting half a dozen WU's exiting per day with zero status.  I've only got a modest home PC and wondered if it was that which was causing it.  Seems it's BOINC afterall.