IE7

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

IE7

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

IE7 is now available to anyone who wishes to use it, so thats me who is updating to it when I get home, I liked it when it was in BETA

BBC News Article
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Good, I don't use IE much at all, in fact virtually never but I like to have up to date software. I installed the Beta version ages ago and it broke my Norton Internet Security console, couldn't view or change a thing :cry: had to roll back to 6.
James Box

Post by James Box »

Well, I hope it works since all the XP users will get it as an auto-update next month...
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

James Box wrote:Well, I hope it works since all the XP users will get it as an auto-update next month...
In that case, I can't be arsed to install it. I have it on my Vista hard drive anyway.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Works a treat I love it :wink:
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Works a treat I love it :wink:
I'll reserve judgement on that... ;)
UBT - Halifax-lad

sometimes crashes when I have a few tabs open but not too often, I keep sending back the crash reports every time it happens so hopefully a fix will be made available for this at some point.

Apart from that it works good and I have no issues with it

Edit: I love been able to use the 1 search bar to search on any search engine out there
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Edit: I love been able to use the 1 search bar to search on any search engine out there
Firefox 2 has that too, comes with all the obvious ones including ebay and Amazon, and can add any of your own choice.

I think you've been very unlucky with Firefox :( , as I can't remember the last time mine crashed.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I think you've been very unlucky with Firefox :( , as I can't remember the last time mine crashed.
funnily enough, my firefox crashed for the 1st time ever this very morning.
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Got IE7 installed yesterday.
It looks quite nice, a bit more like Firefox! LOL.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I, for one, am NOT going to click the 'express install' button! 'Custom' and 'no' to 'check box' for IE7 update!

(It's going to say 'critical update' isn't it and bully me into installing!)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Only just noticed I can have multiple home pages come up when I launch IE7 or when I press the home page 8)
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Internet Explorer 7 vs. Firefox 2
By Robert Vamosi, Senior editor

Judges:
Rafe Needleman, editor at large for CNET, covers new online applications and is launching a new CNET Web site about them: Webware.com.

Peter Butler is senior editor for CNET in charge of Download.com reviews.

Elsa Wenzel is an associate editor for CNET who reviews hulking office suites, tiny apps, and Web services.

Click here to read article
Makes an interest, and very short and concise read
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Only just noticed I can have multiple home pages come up when I launch IE7 or when I press the home page 8)
One changed Avatar